Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
I have implemented:
The above functions fine. When I try to add the Lookup2 files I'm getting 500 errors on all the plugin changes.
I've been thru the lookup2 install 3 times and still get the same error, any help would be appreciated as we have a new school library to catalog and manual entry is not really an option.
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
I'm afraid that '500 error' has no meaning to me. Could you be more complete as to the exact content of the error message. It would also be helpful if you could attempt to run OpenBiblio with Firefox and the FireBug plugin, and tell me what error messages you see in the 'Console' window.
I should also say the LookUp2 does not work well with MS Internet Explorer prior to version 9. So a more modern Browser like current versions of Chrome, Safari or Firefox is likely to serve you better.
There are some known issues with ver 0.6+ regarding changes in the more recent releases of PHP. So you might want to look into getting hold of ver 0.71 which I believe has just been released in the last week of so.
I did an update to 7.1 and re-entered all the changes using firefox debug got the same error internal server error 500, so I stepped it back and removed the last 2 references in inputFuncts.php of id="'.H($name).'" name="'.H($name).'" in:
$s .= '<textarea name="'.H($name).'" ';
i guess it's me getting it wrong as it's seems to be working correctly?
Hans van der Weij
There is not yet a file release of 0.7.1
It should be fine if Goose has used the source from https://bitbucket.org/jgvdweij/obiblio/
This is stable - no more changes to the scripts are expected, only updates for documentation.
server error 500
I understand it's working now for Goose, correct?
Still, the following might be related: it's about the Lookup version of catalog/inputFuncs.php
When fixing issues for OpenBiblio, I skipped https://bitbucket.org/mstetson/obiblio/issue/23 and until now I didn't find an opportunity to discuss it with Fred.
I was thinking it might be an issue with Lookup, or install instructions for Lookup, or user having difficulties following the install instructions.
The fix for this issue (' in "fred's book" gets converted to ' in Bibliography New and Edit):
Yes it's working, at least on LoC, I'm still working thru the other lib's
I have been working lately with Neil Redgate of Scotland on ver 1.0 development issues. We went through the same Lookup issues with COPAC and the British Library. As I recall we found a solution that is currently working for him. I do not believe he follows this site so if you will send me an email I will forward it to him and you can discuss what he is doing directly.
Hans, yes we do need to talk when ever its convenient for you.
Further info on COPAC. I can get Lookup to download their material - that is fairly easy. But it is pure XML - no MARC codes whatever. I was unable to find a way to map their tags to MARC, and since 1.0 is completely dependent on MARC for data storage, I have to label COPAC as unusable for OpenBiblio. However, My understanding of COPAC is that it is an association of UK libraries, most of which do provide their information in MARC format. Again Neil Redgate is dealing with this currently using ver 1.0
Thanks for the clarifications. I'm using the https://bitbucket.org/jgvdweij/obiblio/ latest tip which is working well, on my test machine in Windows 7 and the above. Tomorrow I will move it across to the new school library PC, which is totally un- cataloged new library. I will bulk scan the isbn in to MARC Tools to get us going, and just import the records.
This was my first experience of PHP and for a novice the install went really well, apart from the Lookup step id="'.H($name).'" name="'.H($name).'". There was only 1 instance of "ID=" ib=n my install which I think confused me when I found the other 2
For information the SRU COPAC format is here http://copac.ac.uk/interfaces/srw/.
Hans van der Weij
> I will bulk scan the isbn in to MARC Tools to get us going, and just import the records.
You can specify collection and material type on import. So it's probably a good idea to produce separate import files for every collection and material type.
> totally un- cataloged new library
Hundreds or thousands new titles/copies?
It is possible to automate setting call numbers and copy barcodes
Just updated the MARC Upload HowTo for 0.7.1:
Hans van der Weij
On 2012-02-25 I said https://bitbucket.org/jgvdweij/obiblio/ is stable
I have to correct myself: a small change for Bibliography Search will make it to the release. It's for a noble cause: improving search results.
One more thing… changes for reports
I have loaded the OB and Lookup2 in to Windows 7 IIS and have had no issues apart from in IE9, the lookup2 clients list is missing, in Firefox everything is correct.
windows 7 IIS
I do not have a 0.6+ version here to check with. Most versions of IE do not work well with Lookup, though I am not having any trouble with 0.7 and IE9 here.
I assume that your reference to 'clients list' refers to the Host List under the Admin Menu. I suggest you enable the developers Debug ability of IE and look to see if any error messages appear.
I have never tested OB or Lookup with MS's IIS server