Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Bugs fixed in LookUp patch

Help
2004-09-21
2013-05-30
  • Fred LaPlante
    Fred LaPlante
    2004-09-21

Thanks to Mike Clark and Bjrn Christoffersen, 2 bugs have been found and fixed.  The corrected code and readme files are available at my site. The linked code is for ver 0.50.  The older version for 0.40 remains on the site as well as "lookup-2004-04-05.zip"

http://www.flos-inc.com/projects/index.shtml

Fred LaPlante

• Does this require something installed on the server? Can I use a regular webhotel? I receive a blank page when I try to use the patch...?
      /Charlotte

• Fred LaPlante
        Fred LaPlante
        2004-09-25

Your problem (a blank page) has also been reported to me by Bjrn Christoffersen of the Netherlands. 

Unfortunately, I can not duplicate it here in either my home LAN setup, or at the local public library I support. Both of these are on Windows 2000 Server with Apache/2.0.47 (Win32)  & PHP/4.3.3

Perhaps some other (successful ?) user of the Lookup patch can shed some light.

Fred LaPlante
        flaplante@flos-inc.com
        author of Lookup patch

• Matt Boytim
        Matt Boytim
        2004-09-26

If you get the blank screen as the result of a lookup query it might be that you don't have yaz support enabled in apache/php - at least that's the behavior I get.  On my debian linux system this requires the line
        extension=yaz.so
        in the file
        /etc/php4/apache/php.ini

Matt

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments