Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Extending OpenBiblio

Help
2009-02-10
2013-05-30
  • Hello

I have successfully installed OpenBiblio on our web server and I am now trying to install some of the patches to extend the functionality of the system. Trouble is I am not sure how to go about doing this. Could someone assist? Also is there an easy way to migrate items and members from an existing MySQL-based library to OpenBilblio?

Any help and suggestion would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Chico

• Hi, Chico!

If you're using a Linux system, there is a tool called "patch". Possibly you have to install it. With patch you can apply *.patch files to your openbiblio install files.

For example: the command "patch -p2 < selfService.patch" would apply the selfservice patch. This works on my system, please check google for "man patch" to find out what the parameters said.

Kind regards, Clemens

• Hi, Chico!

I had the same problem. I applied the patch (the self service and all other pathes) on my local pc. The GNU patch tool for windows didn't fullfill my expectations and that's why I used UBUNTU to apply the patches. You could also start UBUNTU as an vm-Ware Player Image. Doing so you don't have to install it.

After applying all the patches to your openbiblio directory, copy/ move it to your webserver's htdocs directory and start with www.yourdomain.com/openbiblio/install...

I keep my thumbs crossed!

Kind regards, Clemens

• Chico
      Chico
      2009-02-20

Hi Clemens

thank you for sharing your experience, I noticed you were working on this self-check patch for a while. I have just discovered that my ISP does not allow SSH access to the server so I don't know how to apply the patch.

If anyone can suggest another way of applying patch so that I can have the self check function working that would be great.

cheers

Chico

• Chico
      Chico
      2009-02-20

Hey Clemens

I am working on Mac OS X and have tried to do it on my machine using terminal but not working, I will need to find a solution and then upload files like you did!

Will let you know if I succeed ;-)

Thanks for your help btw!

So is your library online and working? Got a URL?

cheers

Chico