Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Required Field

Help
2008-03-09
2013-05-30
  • I am using OpenBiblio for a small book collection which doesn't use or need call numbers. Is there a way to remove the "required" entry setting for Call numbers when making additions? I've done some code searching and can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
    Nate

• Micah Stetson
      Micah Stetson
      2008-03-18

You need to edit classes/Biblio.php and remove the following lines from the validateData() function:

if ($this->_callNmbr1 == "") {
            $valid = false;
            $this->_callNmbrError = $this->_loc->getText("biblioError1");
          }

Micah

• I have the same problem, except I am trying to make Personal Name not required.  It seems that _callNmbr1 is the only one separated out in the file you referred to...I'm guessing Personal Name is in the _biblioFields array.  So I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks, this software has been a lifesaver.

• Try editing \catalog\biblio_fields.php
          Look for the section where lines start with <?php printUsmarcInputText(
          Change line
            <?php printUsmarcInputText(100,"a",TRUE,$postVars,$pageErrors,$marcTags, $marcSubflds, FALSE,OBIB_TEXT_CNTRL);?>
          into
            <?php printUsmarcInputText(100,"a",FALSE,$postVars,$pageErrors,$marcTags, $marcSubflds, FALSE,OBIB_TEXT_CNTRL);?>

• That did it, thanks!

I had actually already found and changed this, but when I tried it, I was still getting the same error message.  Evidently I should have tried starting a new session and refreshing before posting. :)

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments