Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Books titles as Chinese (Big5) code

Help
2010-01-29
2013-05-30
  • I am new here and tried the wiki documentation but not able or I do not know how to find the answer if it is already there.

I just installed 0.6.0 on WAMP 2.0i, all seems ok on PHP 5.2 but got warning messages on PHP 5.3.  Also I am not successful in using Chinese characters (Big5 code) to the Books title field.

May I ask how can I use Chinese characters in Obiblio?

Many thanks.

• Fred LaPlante
    Fred LaPlante
    2010-01-29

Hi,
    PHP 5.3+ issues a warning on use of all 'deprecated' functions. There has been discussion of this before and you can probably find it with a search for that word here in the forum.  Bottom line is you have 2 choices: modify the code (you have to disable the call to 'magic_quotes' functions and switch the ereg() regular expressions to preg() perl regular expressions.) or revert to PHP versions before 5.3.

I don't know if OpenBiblio has been converted to Chinese or not. There is a list of existing translations somewhere on this site.  I believe both PHP and MySql will accept Unicode (UTF-8).

• Wow!  This is quick and very helpful.  I will dig deeper in that direction.

Thanks very much.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments