Help
Anonymous
2013-01-24
2013-05-30

• Anonymous
    2013-01-24

When I loan some thing out to the customer it goes wrong. What do I do:
    - Go to lending page of OpenBiblio
    - Fill out the clients number en press ok, the new page for lending is opend (overview of the client)
    -  Fill out the productnumber (barcode) en press Lend (Uitlenen in dutch)
    - I get the an error-screen.
    -When I press the back (return) button from my browser I go back to Openbiblio and I see that the loan is registered to the client. Thus the registration is completed.

When I register returned products, I get a simmelar message.

Both messages are in the file I have here:
    http://ubuntuone.com/4EHX1ppTYv6w2f1h7JrC4n

I have applied the following patch (as a zipfile) from this adress:
    https://bitbucket.org/mstetson/obiblio/issue/34/setup-up-search-like-uhrc-library

Can someone help?

• Anonymous
    2013-01-24

I forgot to tell that it is intstalled on an Windows Server 2008 R2 With ISS7
    PHP Latest version
    MySQL Latest version

All standard settings (nothing changed)
    All installed this month

• SettingsQuery.php:118

tells us that the number of returned rows is not equal to 1, as it should be.

You say you are running IIS. That's interesting because there was an issue reported a couple of days ago that seems related to IIS.
    https://bitbucket.org/mstetson/obiblio/issue/90/date-error-on-install

Do you remember if there were any errors when you installed?

From the issue report by the other IIS user I get the impression that the install process somehow ended up running twice. If that happens, install should abort with a "Duplicate entry" error. And then, when you did a fresh install (not an upgrade) it is probably better to DROP the database completely and start over again.

Just to make sure, can you check the number of rows in the settings table?

• Anonymous
    2013-01-28

When I installed the standard Openbiblio I had no problems. Only after applying the patch the error occured. On my testmachine (at home, a Ubuntu Server) I have no problems. But my work doesn't allow me to install Ubuntu or an other Linux on that system. At Home I don't want to install Windows with IIS.

Today or tomorrow I will try to reinstall the hole installation of OpenBiblio with patch on the production machine.

Just saw your question about the rows in te settings table.
    I see two rows, but I understand that normaly there must be one row. Those two are duplicate, thus I will delete one row (after making a backup) and try if the error is still there.

Thanks for helping.

Riny

• Anonymous
    2013-01-28

After removing one row in the settings table the error is gone.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Riny

• I'm glad the problem in Circulation is solved.

When I installed the standard Openbiblio I had no problems. Only after applying the patch the error occured.

I'm still trying to understand how the single row in the settings table got duplicated. I don't think applying the "Advanced Search" patch can cause this. Sometimes translations are problematic, so that's the focus of my questions:

* What is the OpenBiblio version number?
    * What is the exact download location for the translation you are using?

• Thanks for the feedback.

Until now I found one way for the installer to produce a settings table with two rows: when there is a duplicate of the file settings.sql in folder \sql\0.7.1\domain\  Then the installer will show an error, but OpenBiblio appears to run normally expect for the behaviour in Circulation, described in your first message.

So there is a scenario where a user can be the cause.
    But I'm still not sure if the server environment (Windows / IIS) can be involved.

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments