Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

connecting two NXT ?

Help
Anonymous
2012-12-23
2013-04-29

• Anonymous
    2012-12-23

How can I connect two NXT to nxcEditor simultaneously ? Or is that a feature request…

a mockup:

• Knefel
    Knefel
    2012-12-23

It's a feature request.
    I've just done a few tests: it's relatively easy to implement. If you have some patience, I will upload a version for testing purposes for you.

• Anonymous
    2012-12-23

Cool!
    (I didn't expect such a quick response.)

• Knefel
    Knefel
    2012-12-23

In "Files" there is a version with the new feature now ("nxcEditor_v0.1.2.testing.gambas").

• Anonymous
    2012-12-23

It doesn't seem to work…

The moment I click the checkmark to open the second NXT-box the menu to "search and connect" grays out. I tried several different ways to attach the usb cables (both at the same time, or one after the other, …) but no luck in displaying two NXT bricks. Using the icons on the "… !"-box has no effect.

I use xubuntu 12.10 on a Macbook Pro, gambas-3.3.4.

• Knefel
    Knefel
    2012-12-24

The function "search an connect" shouldn't grey out - I will change it.

Before the next test please restart the NXTs and the computer. You can click the "lens" (the same function "search and connect") - it should take about 6 seconds and then the robots must appear. If one robot appears, the other should appear too (I used ubuntu 12.04 and gambas 3.3.4) - please check the cables first if something goes wrong.

The other two functions "Download and start" and " Download" must gray out, because this only makes
    sense with one robot.

If nothing will work, some information is usefull:
    What happens, if you type "sudo nexttool /com=usb -listbricks" on the commandline? If you work with two robots, there must be two lines.

• Anonymous
    2012-12-24

Clicking the 'lens'-icon works, thanks! (Sorry I never noticed that icon before.)