Wish list

Knefel
2013-05-21
2014-08-26
  • Knefel
    Knefel
    2013-05-21

If you are missing something in the simulator or editor, you can write it here. Whether an implementation is possible or not, I will tell you here.

• Menacer
    Menacer
    2014-03-18

Hey Frank,

is there an estimate if and when EV3 support will be added?

• Knefel
    Knefel
    2014-03-18

If there would be a C-compiler for the EV3, I could integrate legally in the nxcEditor I'd already done. I'll wait until John Hansen has continued his work with EVC.

• w2learn
    w2learn
    2014-08-25

Hi Knefel:

My daughter has just joined FLL and using the Ev3 Software. Is there a way to have your simulator import the output from the Ev3 software for simulation. That would be awesome as she doesnt have access to the team robot all the time.

I've reasonable understanding of embedded programming and could give hacking something if you could guide me on what to do.

Using C-language is too advanced for her age group (4th grade), so the EV3 Software is great for developing the logic and the simulator an excellent complement to see how their logic performs.

Thanks

• Knefel
      Knefel
      2014-08-25

Hello w2learn!

First, the simulator does only work on Linux and the EV3 software not. In addition, the simulator is based on a C interpreter, which means you would have to make C programs from the EV3-output-files so that they run in the simulator.

In short: I think it would be easier to program a new simulator.

• w2learn
    w2learn
    2014-08-26

Dear Knefel;

Appreciate the quick reply. I had hoped to run LinuxVM on Windows, but I wont know how to do the ev3 to C program conversion.

Can you point me to resources I can consider as starting point for a new simulator?

• Knefel
    Knefel
    2014-08-26

Hello w2learn!

I have not seen code from others before and during the programming of my simulator and I have nothing read about "simulator programming". The entire modeling and implementation was done by me. Unfortunately, I can not help.

Good luck with your programming.