Unhandled exception while Audit Redemption

Help
2012-07-25
2013-06-06
  • James Spurck
    James Spurck
    2012-07-25

It appears that my nusoap script is processing the info. But for some unknown reason I get the following error back from the other server I am trying to handshake with (Linux server  to Windows server ):

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
    <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Unhandled exception occured.  Your incident number for this error is 17387502.System.Exception: Unhandled exception while Audit Redemption. --&gt; System.Xml.XmlException: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 39.

• Juan Carlos
    Juan Carlos
    2012-08-04

I was having the same problem minutes ago, <faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode> with a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error.

But I change 2 things the client:

$client = new nusoap_client('https://url.asmx?WSDL', true); <- I included the boolean and the ?WSDL

And in the class.soapclient.php, I added the HTTP Authentication. Here:

class nusoap_client extends nusoap_base  {

var $username = 'username'; // Username for HTTP authentication
    var $password = 'something'; // Password for HTTP authentication

I hope this will fix your problem

• James Spurck
    James Spurck
    2012-08-14

Thanks for the reply, but I have a script that fills and passes all that info through as variables.

My problem is related to the " '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character " Apparently that is a referring to a null character which is an invalid character. My question is, is that something to do with nuSOAP script or the XML file on the Windows server where I am trying to create a successful handshake?

I have all encoding matching the XML file which is using "UTF-8."

I wish I had access to the XML file, but that is on the server that I am trying to create a successful handshake and I don't want to be quick in judging that the problem is on their side, giving the fact that they have other clients currently using it.