We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "NST 18 SVN:4509". This release is based on Fedora 18 using Linux Kernel: "3.8.6-203.fc18". This is the most robust and stable release of NST to date. Significant effort has been devoted to integrate "systemd" service control support with all network services applications thus providing enhanced management and flexibility when using the NST WUI.... read more
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v2.16.0-4104". This release is based on Fedora 16 using Linux Kernel: "3.4.9-2.fc16". This is a interim release which includes all of the NST and Fedora 16 package updates since 2012-Feb-27 rolled into a fresh ISO image. If you are building your own NST yum repository or have a subscription to the NST PRO yum repository, you may not need this ISO image as you should be able to simply yum update you NST system(s).... read more
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v2.16.0". This release is based on Fedora 16 using Linux Kernel: "3.2.7-1.fc16" .
Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* Major enhancements to the Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor application including a Threshold Pause feature with bandwidth rate state notifications.
* Developed a new NST WUI ARP Scan AJAX application which utilizes the arp-scan network tool. One can quickly scan and inventory each attached network segment throughout your network infrastructure and also perform additional security auditing on each discovered host. See the NST Wiki page: "HowTo Use The NST WUI arp-scan Page To Quickly Locate Hosts" for further information.... read more
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v2.15.0". This release is based on Fedora 15 using Linux Kernel: "2.6.40-4.fc15 - Rebased from latest Linux Kernel: 3.0" . Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* Developed a new interactive dynamic SVG/AJAX enabled Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor application that is integrated into the NST WUI for monitoring pseudo real-time network bandwidth rates.... read more
We are pleased to announce an NST maintenance release (v2.13.0-1713) which is based on Fedora 13 using Linux Kernel: 184.108.40.206-66.fc13. Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* Support has been added so that NST systems may now be registered at the new NST Pro web site. For more information on the benefits of this
professional service, see: http://www.networksecuritytoolkit.org/nstpro.... read more
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: NST13 (v2.13.0) which is based on Fedora13 using Linux Kernel: 220.127.116.11-56.fc13. The release has focused on building a framework for the geolocation and rendering of network entities including the management and configuration of back-end geolocation methods and database repositories.
Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* Created a framework for geolocating network entities with NST.... read more
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v2.11.0". This release is based on Fedora 11 using Linux Kernel: "18.104.22.168-43.fc11". The architecture for building an NST distribution has been completely redesigned and engineered. Starting with this release, All system, network and security applications are now included as RPM packages. This allowed us to take advantage of the Fedora Live CD Project for spinning off an "NST Live" distribution. This project will also help make it easier to develop future releases of NST.
We have created redundant repository sites for NST built RPM packages so that an NST system may be upgraded and revisioned via the internet. These capabilities continue to move NST towards being classified as an enterprise grade distribution that is both extensible and maintainable. With previous NST releases, it was difficult for users to add features and scope by compiling source code or adding new applications. Now one can simply YUM install their favorite applications (e.g., compilers, editors, X Window managers, etc...) via the command line or through the NST WUI.
Here are some of the highlights for this release:... read more
Network Security Toolkit (NST) is a bootable ISO image (Live CD) based on Fedora Core 8 providing easy access to best-of-breed Open Source Network Security Applications and should run on most x86 platforms. NST can also be used for crash recovery.
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v1.8.1". This release is based on Fedora 8 using the Linux Kernel: "22.214.171.124-57.fc8". Here are some of the highlights for this release:... read more
We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v1.8.0". This release is based on Fedora 8 using the Linux Kernel: "126.96.36.199-27.fc8". Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* The NST Web User Interface (WUI), has been greatly enhanced and cleaned up. Some note worthy enhancements include:
o Multi-Tap Network Packet Capture and Management. Simultaneous network packet capture on up to 4 network interfaces per Multi-Tap session is supported. For example, one can capture network packets from the clean and dirty side of a firewall device and have the results automatically merged into a single capture file for analysis. See the "Multi-Tap Network Packet Capturing" page at the "NST Wiki" for further information.
o An enhanced Network Packet Capture Mangement and Status Interface.
o The use of AJAX and JSON to provide a more dynamic and interactive NST WUI. For example, the network interface label on the NST Start page can be clicked on to monitor that interface in real-time.
o Support for WPA-PSK wireless connections.
o Extensive tooltips and a new menu bar allowing one to quickly navigate the NST WUI.
* We transitioned from Fedora Core 5 to Fedora 8 as the underlying base of the NST.
* The addition of wireless firmware packages to support several new wireless chipsets.
* One should be able to boot the NST CD from SATA attached CD drives.
* As always, most networking and security applications included have been updated to their latest version (See the "Change Log" for individual package updates).
A new stable update (05-30-2007) for the NST WUI management interface is now available for the NST v1.5.0 release. This updates include many enhancements to the Network Packet Capture Interface and bug fixes to the NST WUI. See the README associated with the update for further details. Use the "System" => "NST WUI Update Management" page for installation.