We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v2.16.0". This release is based on Fedora 16 using Linux Kernel: "3.2.7-1.fc16" .
Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* Major enhancements to the Network Interface Bandwidth Monitor application including a Threshold Pause feature with bandwidth rate state notifications.
* Developed a new NST WUI ARP Scan AJAX application which utilizes the arp-scan network tool. One can quickly scan and inventory each attached network segment throughout your network infrastructure and also perform additional security auditing on each discovered host. See the NST Wiki page: "HowTo Use The NST WUI arp-scan Page To Quickly Locate Hosts" for further information.
* Integrated the w3af (Web Application Attack and Audit Framework) into the NST distribution for searching and exploiting web application vulnerabilities.
* Added the netsniff-ng high performance Linux network analyzer and networking toolkit. It is featured in the NST Wiki article: LAN Ethernet Maximum Rates, Generation, Capturing & Monitoring.
* The NST WUI is now touch device friendly and now works well with the Apple iPad. See the NST Wiki article: HowTo Use A Touch Device (iPad) with NST.
* Developed many new systemd service controls and improved NST boot management with GRUB2 integration.
* Many new NST WUI enhancements and refinements including a new CPU usage monitor and DNS name resolver popup widget.
* As always, the networking and security applications included have been updated to their latest version which can be found in the manifest.