We are pleased to announce an NST maintenance release (v2.13.0-1713) which is based on Fedora 13 using Linux Kernel: 184.108.40.206-66.fc13. Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* Support has been added so that NST systems may now be registered at the new NST Pro web site. For more information on the benefits of this
professional service, see: http://www.networksecuritytoolkit.org/nstpro.
* Many NST WUI performance improvements have been added resulting in browser consistency across all OSs.
* Packages related to the geolocation of IP Addresses have been updated and KML map renderings have been improved.
* The libpcap package has been updated to version: 1.1.1 and all NST packages requiring libpcap have been recompiled.
* The snort package has been updated and support for the rule sets from Emerging Threats and Emerging Threats Pro have been fully integrated.
* The public NST repositories have been updated with the packages included in this release. If you have a prior 2.13.0 release of NST you can update your system to this release via the "yum update" command or use the "NST WUI" package management page.
* Most major network security packages have been updated to their latest release (ntop, snort, wireshark, ...).