We are pleased to announce the latest NST release: "v1.5.0". This release is based on Fedora Core 5 using the Linux Kernel: "2.6.18-1.2257.fc5". Here are some of the highlights for this release:
* The NST Web User Interface (WUI), has been greatly enhanced and cleaned up. Some note worthy enhancements include:
o Extensive additions to managing and analyzing network packet captures. This includes packet capture uploading to a probe and comprehensive HTML reports generated from PDML output.
o The ability to setup and manage printers (you can easily turn a NST system into print server). This was accomplished by adding a CUPS Management NST WUI page.
o The ability to easily mount many different supported file system types.
o The ability to manage the NST as a file server (both NFS and CIFS).
o The ability to upload files to the NST system.
o The ability to edit All ASCII files on the NST probe.
* The addition of the Inprotect package (a Nessus manager), the nstinprotect supporting script and a WUI front end to help walk one through the setup. A new article: "Inprotect Setup Guide", will help guide you through the Inprotect setup process.
* The addition of the Zabbix package (another network resource monitoring tool - similar to Nagios), the nstzabbix supporting script and a WUI front end to help walk one through the setup.
* We transitioned from Fedora Core 4 to Fedora Core 5 as the underlying base of the NST.
* As always, most networking and security applications included have been updated to their latest version (See the "Change Log" for individual package updates).