Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Mercator World Map of a list of IPs?

NST
Anonymous
2011-04-13
2012-12-05

• Anonymous
    2011-04-13

I have a list of IP addresses that I would like to run through nstgeolocate to create a Mercator World Map of. Is this possible? How would I do it? Would it be possible to have it check that file for updates every hour?

Also, I attempted to install Snorby on NST and it doesn't work because of some issues with Ruby. I would love to see Snorby as an option on future versions of NST!!

Thanks!

• Anonymous
    2011-04-13

No, I need the output to be an image, not a google earth kml. Thanks though.

• This can be done with a component of nstgeolocate. See: /usr/share/nstgeolocate/world_map_geolocs.py -h

1) Example host file with 3 hosts: /tmp/ip.txt

cat  /tmp/ip.txt

2) Convert host file to xml format with locations: /tmp/ip.xml

/usr/bin/nstipgeolocate -f xml < /tmp/ip.txt > /tmpip.xml

3) Produce GeoIP host file bit map: mercator

***Note: See: /usr/share/nstgeolocate/world_map_geolocs.py -h for options like symbol type and color…

/usr/share/nstgeolocate/world_map_geolocs.py -m -x /tmp/ip.xml  -s /usr/share/nstgeolocate/world_map.png -d /tmp/ip.png -v

File: /tmp/ip.png contains your mercator bit image with Geolocated hosts.

4) Put these above commands in a cron entry to automate…

5) ***Note one can modify the python program: "/usr/share/nstgeolocate/world_map_geolocs.py" for custom requirements…

--RWH

• Anonymous
    2011-04-14

Perfect! Thank you!