Menu

WMI Module Feedback

g00s3m4n
2006-01-25
2014-12-16
  • g00s3m4n

g00s3m4n - 2006-01-25

Hello..

I think the WMI module is a great idea, i have not personally tested it, but i cant wait..

thanks

g

• lum_tom

lum_tom - 2006-02-14

If planned to update the nslient++ on all of our servers. Should I activate the WMI option in the nsc.ini file (maybe of future usage) or can my system make trouble due to activating this?

• Michael Medin

Michael Medin - 2006-02-14

Uhmm, well as with all free software I wont leave any guarantees.
      But as the WMI module is "passive" it does nothing unless you ask it to do something so even if it was really horribly buggy and crashes it would only do so whenever you ask queries from it so unless you do that "it" should be perfectly stable.

As for the stability it is not 100% well written so it is likely "unstable" but I wouldn't expect it to crash that much, more along the lines of returning incorrect things when you ask strange queries from it, as I dont do error checks and such properly at the moment. But that will come when I have decided what to do with the module.

// MickeM

• Pawel Eljasz

Pawel Eljasz - 2014-12-16

I've been reading your short tutorial on WMICheck - any Chance Mike you could share a nice-simple & clear example of a passive setup, including configs(scheduler, etc)?
        I've failed to understand the inner-working, inasmuch I have successfully set up other passive checks you mentioned in your epubs I was unable to setup WMIcheck passively.
        regards

• lum_tom

lum_tom - 2006-02-15

okay. thanks for the detailed info.

i've activated it, so i can easy use it in future.

• John

John - 2007-10-20

Is there a way with wmi to check that a installed service is both NOT running and set to manual startup?

currently I have a Business Objects cluster, and have a active/passive set of nodes, and won`t to monitor the passive side to make sure none of the services are running and are set to manual startup?

Thanks
      John