The nscldaq 7.3 and 7.4 are now officially designated as end of life. Specifically:
The following versions of the NSCLDAQ software have been
designated as end of life: 7.3, 7.4, 7.4-jumbobuf
What this means is:
1. No more modifications to these versions of nscldaq will be performed.
2. Beginning with the first rollout of software at the NSCL following
January 1, 2008, these versions will no longer be available on standard
NSCL systems, but only on specific nscl system(s) designated as running
3. The sourceforge packages will continue to be available in their current state.
4. The official response to errors reported against these versions beginning now will be
"upgrade to nscldaq 8.0 or later and see me if this error still exists".
5. The jumbo buffer capability will be migrated either to a separate branch of
8.0 or later software, or its capabilities will be merged into other stable branches
(jumbo buffer capability means support for buffer and event sizes larger than 65Kwords,
and is used for production running by the MoNA collaboration at the NSCL).