Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Version 2.6 Beta Testing

Developers
2011-07-20
2013-05-08
  • Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd
    2011-07-20

Post your comments here for the beta testing of version 2.6

• Anonymous
    2011-07-27

Andrew:

I'm not having luck with 2.6 on my Windows XP box.  I have R 2.13.1 and R 2.12.1 on my computer and I wish to use R 2.12.1, so I am trying to set RHome manually to use the older version rather than use the registry entry that would pick up the more recent version.

I get to edit the RHome settings once (to …R2.12.1\bin\i386), and then I get NpptoR error messages stating
    Could not find Rgui.exe,

I cannot get past this error message to get back to the settings menu.  I am also left with NppToR icons in the task bar (suggesting that there is an NppToR:Settings window open) when that is not the case.

• Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd
    2011-07-29

In your settings for RHome do not include the …\bin\i386.  the path should be "C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.0\"  that should work.

• Anonymous
    2011-08-04

Halpo:

I cannot take your advice to alter RHome in the NpptoR settings, because when clicking on Settings, an error message appears about inability to find the Rgui.exe file.  So there is no way to access the settings to reset RHome.

NpptoR does seem to function (i.e., send lines of code from Notepad++ to the Rgui console) but not without lots of complaints.

• Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd
    2011-08-04

are you running the beta 2?

• Anonymous
    2011-08-22

No, I was running Beta 1; I presume I will get better results with beta 2 (or perhaps beta 3 by now).  I'll check.

• Anonymous
    2011-08-22

Doing a complete uninstall of previous versions of NppToR (including 2.6.0B1) and installing 2.6.0B2 results in a functional version of NppToR.  Thanks.