Passing of R cmd line parameters

Wolfgang
2012-08-04
2013-05-08
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-08-04

Hello,

in version 2.6.1 (with R 2.15.1), passing of R cmd line parameters does not appear to work. I tried this on two different machines without success. When I pass the cmd line parameters myself (via the command prompt), it does work. Would be great to get this feature back! Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Best,

Wolfgang

• Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd
    2012-08-07

Which command line parameters?  Can you give a reproducible example and explain what you are passing and what you expect to see and what is being seen.  Thanks.

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-08-08

Thank you for your response.

I am using -no-save as the command line parameter, so that R should not ask to save the workspace when quitting. However, it still does. On the other hand, starting Rgui.exe from the command line with -no-save works as intended.

• Sara Martin
    Sara Martin
    2012-08-08

I appear to be having a similar problem. I am running NppToR version 2.6.1 and R 2.15.0 on Windows 7. In my case, I need to be able to set TMPDIR when starting R. 

From the command line, if I use the command

> Rgui.exe TMPDIR=P://Temp

R will reports that tempdir() is "P://Temp\\Rtmpyef7xU".  However, while I have entered TMPDIR=P://Temp in the box for Rcmd line parameters within NppToRs settings,  if NppToR spawns the R session tempdir() reports: C:\\Users\\martinsa\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\Rtmp2hpcBo" rather than the expected "P://Temp\\Rtmpyef7xU"

So either the command is not being passed , or I am misunderstanding what I need to do.

Thanks.

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-08-28

Just wanted to bring this issue up again. If passing of command line parameters generally works in version 2.6.1, then this would be good to know, so I can continue to troubleshoot the problem and see if I can get it to work eventually.

• Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd
    2012-08-28

I am in the middle of some rewrites to fix several problems.  I have not forgotten and you should see something soon.

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-08-28

Great! Thanks!

• Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd
    2012-09-03

Just uploaded new version 2.6.2 that should fix this problem.  Please report back any new issues that you find.

• Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    2012-09-10

Just saw the updated version and installed it. Now passing of cmd line parameters works again! Thank you!