Assigning customized hotkeys for npp

• Link

Hi there,

First off, thank you for this wonderful product. I find it so useful in combination with NPP.

I find myself using some r functions over and over again and hate having to constantly type the same command. Examples are "head", "tail", and "names". I've tried to create a macro in NPP that will allow me to highlight a variable name and will automatically add the "head" function around the variable and pass it to R. However, it won't work. NPP won't register the F8 key.

My question is: Is there a way for me to customize the npptor program so that I can assign a key to automatically pass text selected from NPP to the R console with a function around it (such as "head")? I feel this would be an amazing feature for the program. Thanks!

• Andrew Redd
    Andrew Redd

SF is finally letting me post again.

I think it is a great idea.  I've been thinking about it for a while and think that it could be a useful add on.  a lot of the infrastructure is there already, just need to flush out some details.

For now you can write an autohotkey script that will do the same thing, which is what NppToR is written in.  But this will likely make it into the full program.  Thanks.