Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

how to use the third python package?

Help
lu qi
2011-03-24
2013-01-25
  • lu qi
    lu qi
    2011-03-24

i want to use some other py package,such as numpy or cx_oracle,i put them into lib dir  and site-package dir,but doesn't work,help,please!!

• It should go in your Notepad++\plugins\PythonScript\lib directory (probably under Program Files).  If there's a compiled module in there (usually a .pyd file), then it may or may not work properly (check the console).  If it doesn't, you can try replacing the python27.dll in the Notepad++ directory with the official Python 2.7.1.  If you do this, you'll need to make sure you've got the Visual C runtime 2008 installed too.  Also, if your username has non-ascii characters in it (or there are non-ascii characters in the path to your user scripts), then your scripts may not load properly.

Let us know how it goes - errors should be printed on the console, which will help figure out where the issues are.

Cheers and good luck,
    Dave..

• lu qi
    lu qi
    2011-04-09

sorry for so long time to reply, very buzy recently,
    yes,repleace with official Python 2.7.1 dll ,it works(for numpy),
    but, if i want to use many py packages, put them all in lib dir will be a little ugly
    can i put them in some special dir ,for example, like "site-packages"

• Sure, you just need to append the path of your "site-packages" directory to the sys.path list.

So somewhere in your startup.py file

import sys
    sys.path.append(notepad.getNppDir() + '\plugins\PythonScript\lib\site-packages')

Dave.