Assigning script to toolbar problem

Help
Takanzi
2012-04-08
2013-01-25
  • Takanzi
    Takanzi
    2012-04-08

I'm trying to put a button on my toolbar that automatically executes a script.

I'm able to assign a script to the toolbar in the configuration menu. After I restart, the button is there, but I can't click it. It looks like this:

Not sure how much of this info is necessary, but I'm running Python 2.7.1, Windows 7 64 bit, Notepad++ 5.9.8, Python Script 0.9.2

Any help would appreciated, thanks.

• I think there's another plugin that interferes with the way Python Script adds it's toolbar buttons (the api officially only supports buttons that are also plugin menu items, but Python Script tricks it so it works).  I believe it might be an older version of Customize Toolbar - I think it works in the new version.  Check you're up to date, and if you are, then try removing the other plugins.  It'd be really good if you could report back your finding for other people having the same issue.

If it's an existing plugin that causes the issue, then we can probably take a look to see if we can fix it.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Takanzi
    Takanzi
    2012-04-09

Removing Customize Toolbar does fix it, thanks!

I was using Customize Toolbar 2.0, though, which I think is the latest version. Reinstalling it makes the python script button unclickable again so it does look like these two are in conflict on my machine.

I just had Customize Toolbar to remove buttons I never used (and was kind of disappointed when I realized it couldn't do what Python Script does in adding custom function buttons) so it's not a huge deal to me to get rid of it but it would be cool if they were somehow able to play nice.

Also, I've since upgraded to npp6.0

• I can double-confirm this, I've just installed Customize-Toolbar, and it does exactly the same thing.  I'd have a look, but the code to customize-toolbar doesn't seem to be available.  I'll post a request for it though, as it's actually a violation of Sourceforge's terms not to supply it.

Thanks for the report…
    Dave.