How to add new plugins to a template?

cchris
2009-09-05
2013-05-21
  • cchris
    cchris
    2009-09-05

I think some short text file explaining how to create a new set of sections might be useful. Here is what I understand from inspecting the english and german files:

The .ini file has sections. Each section name starts with the name of the dll, followed by a space, followed by text.
    ... Question: is the text free, or should it be an identifier for something, to be found in the source (presumably a .rc file)?

Entries in a section matcha <left>=<display localised string> pattern. The left part seems to have four allowable forms:
    * English value
    .... Question: if a string appears several times in a plugin interface, should it appear multiple times in the .ini as well?
    * Resource identifier
    .... Question: To what kinds of controls does this form apply?
    * Ordinal numbers, 0-based
    .... Question: does this apply to any menu? only to menus?
    * A capitalised reserved word, like Caption or ContextMenu
    .... Question: What is the complete list of reserved keywords?

While all of this can probably be inferred from the plugin source file, I think it would be worthwhile to add a small document about the .ini file format, thus saving time and avoiding misconfiguration.

CChris

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-09-16

&lt;bump/&gt; to monitor the thread.

CChris

• Murat Jumashev
    Murat Jumashev
    2009-12-04

CChris
    I think that it would be great to inspect the string IDs of each .dll with ResourceHacker.exe (ask google) and copy them according to the given templates. I will check this out sooner…