Keyboard shortcuts not working for me

Dow Drake
2010-09-21
2013-05-21
  • Dow Drake
    Dow Drake
    2010-09-21

I've just started using Notepad++ to debug PHP code, so I may be missing something obvious.  I'm using DBGP v 0.12.21 with Notepad++ v5.7 and PHP 5.3.1.  So far, everything is working great except the keyboard shortcuts F7 and F8.  The other key shortcuts (F9, Shift+F8,  Ctrl+F7 and Ctrl+F9) seem to work reliably.  Is there any workaround or config setting I can try to get F7 and F8 working? 

Also when I hover the mouse over various PHP functions and variables, I often see a tool tip that says something like this:
    "define = DBGP Error: Response type: response Commmand: property _get Error code: 300 Error: Error message: can not get property.  I guess I should just ignore these messages, right? 

Also  when I turn off the debugger, then turn it back on again, I get a message from notepad++ "Access violation at address 000000F8. Read of address 000000F8.  If I then close Notepad++, I get another message "Unknown exception"

• Dow Drake
    Dow Drake
    2010-09-21

I think the third issue (the access violation and unknown exception) was due to the fact that I was turning off the debugger in the middle of a debug session.  If I let the code run to completion before turning off the debugger, this problem doesn't occur.

• Damjan Cvetko
    Damjan Cvetko
    2010-09-22

Hi. Regarding shortcuts, thers probably conflict with some other plugin or native command. You could try to play arround with the shortcut mapper in Settings menu.

The tooltip error comes from sending some invalid text to debugger.. I need to rewrite the whole tooltip thing anyway. So yah, don't worry about it.

Interesting with the excetions. I'll try to reproduce those…
    Best of luck.
    -Zobo