Function List 2.0 BETA available

2009-05-22
2013-05-21
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Jens Lorenz
    Jens Lorenz
    2009-05-22

I did a lot of work for this release! Here the change-log

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    09/05/23  v2.0 Beta :
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Restructure of FunctionList with new development parts:
         - UNICODE version for latest Notepad++
         - Now tree with classes supported and still lists
         - Icon for each group could be a subgroup defined
         - To ignore language specific keywords a list could be defined for each group
         - Filter of items possible
         - Better tooltip support of e.g. C/C++ function params
         - ... and a lot more

Restrictions:
         - Scintilla RegEx

Link:
    https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=189927&package_id=223668&release_id=684528

Have fun

• paraglider
      paraglider
      2009-05-23

Resize of function list window returns a popup error on windows 7. Says SetWindowsHookEx(MOUSE) failed. GetLastError returned 1428.

Setting compatibility mode of notepad++ exe to windows vista fixes the error.

• Nice work!  I like the search functions functionality. 

I have a couple of requests for your consideration :-
      1. Could there be a shortcut to focus on the function search?  While I'm writing code, I'd like to be able to jump to a function quickly.  Ctrl-Alt-Sh-L just turns it off if it's displayed, I'd prefer it to bring it to the foreground (if docked/hidden), and set the focus on the search bar (maybe a different shortcut?)

2. Whilst typing in the search box, could up and down keys move the list selection up and down?

3. For C++, I'm getting a lot of "noise" functions (i.e. that aren't really functions)  - I know this is down to the rules, and I'll see if I can work out where they're going wrong.

Thanks again,
      Dave.

• Jens Lorenz
        Jens Lorenz
        2009-05-27

Hello,

regarding the points:

1. I can add a shortcut for the filtering...
        2. I added it but my PC is crashed. At the weekend the support will come to me and hopefully I can restart the work.
        3. Maybe this functions are the declaration?

Best Regards

• Scott
      Scott
      2009-05-23

Awesome work, thanks a lot

this plugin is great :)

• paraglider
      paraglider
      2009-05-24

In my case it reports sizeof as a funtion from this line of code:

UserProfiles = (TCHAR**) HeapAlloc(GetProcessHeap(), HEAP_ZERO_MEMORY, KeyCount * sizeof(TCHAR*));

Then it finds no further functions in the file although there are many.

• Jens Lorenz
        Jens Lorenz
        2009-05-24

You need to change the rules a little bit. Add in "Function Begin" a preluding "^".

Best Regards
        Jens

• Oren Farhi
      Oren Farhi
      2009-05-25

Hi Jens.

Great work!! thanks for sharing this wonderful plugin.

I've encountered some notepad's error and then close - when defining rules and switching between various tabs. I used the 5.4 rc2 for testing.
      I've added class recognition and objects for javascript - very useful.
      if you can add more exampled to the help (even here in the forum) - it would be helpful to customize.

how about more than 2 levels in a group? how many subgroups can be added to a group?
      I mean - can i have a main group Function, then sub as methods, and then method's sub as objects/variables?
      Are you planing on releasing an ansi-version?

Thanks.

• Jens Lorenz
        Jens Lorenz
        2009-05-27

Try a reinstallation of Notepad++. I had the same issue on my pc at work. After reinstallation of Notepad++ the issue was gone.

Best Regards

• Jens Lorenz
        Jens Lorenz
        2009-05-27

Regarding the other requests:

Currently just one subgroup is possible. This depends mainly on the combo box. In next release (BETA 2) I will change it to show more subgroups in the main group.
        Furthermore I will implement the feature "XML-HTML styled" (Currently selectable but it dosn't work). This leads to a unlimited tree depth. The only restriction is that you have could choose between 2 level or unlimited level tree.

Best Regards

• aizelauna
      aizelauna
      2009-05-25

Thanks a lot, Jenz !!

I'll try it immediatly...

• Sivan Tal
      Sivan Tal
      2009-05-26

I tried to install it and I got an exception and Notepadd++ crashed the moment I opened a source file.
      It happens with various files - I couldn't open a source code C file without crashing Notepad++.
      Same problem with v5.3.1 and with v5.4

Any idea?

• Hi Jens,

everything works here as a charme ... (NP++ 5.4) - thanks a lot ...

The Scintilla Regex are - as you mentioned - the only true restriction now ;-)

• Stefan M.
      Stefan M.
      2009-05-26

Nice, the new version works much better.

I have the same problem as paraglider (a_m_briggs). I also use Windows 7 RC and using Vista compatibility fix that problem.

I tested PHP files and all functions are displayed correctly. But if I open a Java file, the plugin scan the file and after that nothing is displayed. Is this known?

Using Windows 7 RC and Notepad++ 5.4 Unicode, only default plugins plus current Hex-Editor and FunctionList plugins are installed.

• Jens Lorenz
        Jens Lorenz
        2009-05-27

Hi,

this depends on the of Java rule. There is only one defined. I don't use Java and this is the reason that I don't changed or extended the parsing rules.
        BTW this happens also to other Function Rules.

Everyone should extend his rules for his needs, shares his results to the community and to me and I try to consider the parsing rules for the next release.

Best Regards
        Jens

• Paulo Soares
          Paulo Soares
          2009-05-28

I had the same problem with Java and C# files and the solution was to copy the FUNCTION rules from C. I think that the next release should include this, it may not be perfect but it will show the functions instead of showing nothing as it is now.

Paulo

• Stefan M.
          Stefan M.
          2009-05-28

I created a Java Rule für class and methods. One bug is known: If one file has more than one classes, only the first are shown, I don't know why.

But Methods seems to work fine and I added the right comment strings.

If nothing better will be send to you, you can include this in the next version:
          http://server.german-fighters.com/mupload/17/FunctionListRules_Java.xml

• Stefan M.
      Stefan M.
      2009-05-28

Now I updated to Notepad++ 5.4.1 and FunctionList 2 Beta don't works anymore. The language rule editor shows all languages, but if I select a language, no rules are shown. The XML file looks right.

With Notepad++ 5.4.0 anything was nice. Can someone confirm this?

• its working ok for me. 5.4.1, fresh install.

• Stefan M.
          Stefan M.
          2009-05-29

Thx, after a fresh reinstall of Notepad++ it is working again.

• Jens, is imposible for me understand how to use the regular expressions.

i am coding whit a lang script, my friend is using ultraedit and the script has the wordfile.uew
      can you explain me how to pass from this code to regex ???

or if you have a tutorial or link i would appreciate it !!!

• paraglider
      paraglider
      2009-05-31

Regular expression syntax is described here:

http://www.scintilla.org/SciTERegEx.html

• i wil give it a try !

thx

• i wil give it a try !

thx

• kiwi2b
      kiwi2b
      2009-06-28

Folks, a basic, basic question, BUT,

Which package do I install and how do I install it???????

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)