byte columns hidden and mouse scroll wheel nw

Hex Editor
desemondo
2010-07-07
2013-05-21
  • desemondo
    desemondo
    2010-07-07

Firstly, the mouse scroll wheel does not seem to work, but does work when not using the Hex Viewing mode. I find this particularly annoying, but others may not think its much of a priority…

========================================================

The byte column description bar,
    "Address | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | a | b | c | d | e | f | Dump"

is intermittently hidden by the actual data. When not hidden by the file's data, it obscures the first line of the file's data…

If the window scroll bar is scrolled all the way up, the file's data seems to be about 20-30 pixels too far up the screen.

This only seems to affect files that can't fit on one screen, or files that are viewed in the "side-by-side" mode.

To Reproduce:
    * Get a reasonably large file (>10KB )
    * Open in npp
    * View in Hex mode
    * Scroll down,
    * Scroll back up.

Result:
    * The byte column description bar is now either hidden by or hidding the file's data.

=================================
    WindowsXP SP3
    Notepad++  5.6.8 (Unicode)
    Hex-Editor Plugin v0.9.5 (unicode)

• versat
    versat
    2010-07-17

I've tested this exactly how you described it, but i don't get any effect you described, it works fine here.
    Maybe it got fixed with Notepad++ 5.7?

=================================
    Windows Vista 64bit
    Notepad++ 5.7 (Unicode)
    Hex-Editor Plugin 0.9.5 (unicode)

• desemondo
    desemondo
    2010-07-19

Stranger still, I just retested this now and I can't reproduce it either…  From what I recall I was using the hex editor plugin on some registry export files (UCS2-LE) with the "clone view" and "move to another view" option in notepad++.

Today, the scroll works correctly, and the byte address title bar is staying where it should be too…. If I run into this issue again I'll repost with more detailed steps to recreate.