Hex Editor v0.9.2 Not Compatible with 5.0.3

Hex Editor
2008-12-21
2013-05-21
  • Ernest Pergrem
    Ernest Pergrem
    2008-12-21

Any attempt to open Notepad++ 5.0.3, with Hex Editor 0.9.2 enabled returns the message 'This plugin is not compatible with current version of Notepad++. '.

Thanks,

• Ernest Pergrem
      Ernest Pergrem
      2008-12-21

Oddly, I just upgraded to Notepad++ 5.1.2 and it works fine. 

• Pino Colada
      Pino Colada
      2009-02-12

I just tried the couple Notepad++ 5.0.3 with Hex Editor 0.9.2: it takes 50% of the CPU and is hanging...

• Alan Mintaka
      Alan Mintaka
      2009-03-01

I noticed the same thing as pinocolada.  When I tried Notepad++ 5.0.3 with the hex editor plugin 0.9.2, the program window did not appear.  However Notepad++ was resident in memory and consuming over 50% of the cpu. 

I used the Task Manager in Windows XP SP3 to end the process. Then I moved the hex editor DLL into a temp folder and re-ran Notepad++; it ran fine after that but of course the hex editor plugin was no longer installed.

epergram, where did you find Notepad++ 5.1.2?  When I checked for updates in Notepad++ 5.0.3, it said "No Update Is Available".

Thanks,
      Big Al Mintaka

• Alan Mintaka
      Alan Mintaka
      2009-03-01

Please disregard my previous post; I just found the 5.2 update.  The hex editor 0.9.2 seems to work fine in that version of Notepad++.   It's pretty nice, actually. 

Unfortunately some other plugins barfed after the update: Explorer and Light Explorer.  I haven't checked them for upgrades yet though.

There seems to be something wrong with my updating notifications in Notepad++.  I never knew about the 5.2 update and as I reported in my older post Notepad++ 5.0.3 told me there were no updates available.  Maybe this is a bug that the 5.2 update fixed...

Later,
      Big Al Mintaka