Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Version 1.5.7 Compiled?

Scruffy
2013-01-16
2013-03-21
  • Scruffy
    Scruffy
    2013-01-16

I see the source code for the 1.5.7 version in Github. Does anyone have a compiled DLL?

Thanks,
    Scruffy

• Simon Stone
    Simon Stone
    2013-01-23

Hi Scruffy,

I've just compiled it with Visual Studio 2012. The source is rather made for version 2008, but it's okay. However, compared to its previous subversion, the file size of 1.5.7's DLL is significantly larger. I don't know why.

You may donwload DLL of 1.5.7 here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96490718/ComparePlugin_1_5_7.dll

If you're hoping the recent "syntax highlighting bug" is fixed with that version, then you'll be disappointed :-( I was hoping that ;-)

• Scruffy
    Scruffy
    2013-01-23

Hey nasmon,

Thank you for giving it a try. I had been looking for an open source compiler since my last C++ is from 1996. It was starting to be more trouble than it's worth.
    Rats… Yes it was the "syntax highlighting bug" I was hoping to get fixed. Oh well.

• Simon Stone
    Simon Stone
    2013-01-23

:-D Visual Studio is probably the best way to go with C++ right now. I don't know enough C++ to debug the plugin, though. As a test I've updated some files, like scintilla.h, but it didn't make a difference … If you know C++, you may give it a try. Currently, nobody seems to be updating/fixing it, *sniff*