Menu

AROS version

Help
2010-07-08
2013-04-26
  • Pavel Fedin

Pavel Fedin - 2010-07-08

Hello!
    Some time ago Shinkuro asked me to try NoWinED on AROS because he reported some problems with mouse pointer change.
    I've checked out the code but discovered that i even can't compile it.
    First, some compatibilities were broken.
    Second, it uses uni.library which is not available on AROS.
    I've fixed the first issue and i'd like to commit the related fixes. However i'm not a member of this project.
    Can anyone give me developer access?
    I tried to mail Shinkuro but his email provider rejects my emails as coming from a blacklisted address. I hope someone will read it since i have no other way to contact.

• -=ONIX=-

-=ONIX=- - 2010-07-09
    Some time ago Shinkuro asked me to try NoWinED on AROS because he reported  some problems with mouse pointer change.
    I've checked out the code but discovered that i even can't compile it.

I never compiled NoWinED for AROS myself. But I guess that some headers are missing?

Second, it uses uni.library which is not available on AROS.

Since version 5.15 of uni.library (2008) a x86 AROS version exists. If you use AROS for x86_64 or PPC, bad luck.
    I don't put myself into the trouble to support any platform AROS runs on. x86 is the lonely platform I did and do support for AROS.
    ShInKurO and my mistake was that we did forget to enclose the AROS header files for the creation of NoWinED, sorry. You may download the entire developer archive from aminet.net/util/libs/UniLibDev.lha and use/install the files of the include/aros directory.

I've fixed the first issue and i'd like to commit the related fixes.

That's really appreciated. Thanks.

However i'm not a member of this project.

I try to contact ShInKurO because only he can establish new developers. Meanwhile, you can try to contact ShInKurO using the forum's provided address:  shinkuro at users.sourceforge.net
    Your email will be forwarded in this case to his regular email account without being treated as a blacklisted address. At least I do hope so…

Regards

• Pavel Fedin

Pavel Fedin - 2010-07-12

I guess that some headers are missing?

defines/uni.h was missing. Also some definitions in other headers were a little bit broken. I fixed all this.

Since version 5.15 of uni.library (2008) a x86 AROS version exists

Good, i didn't know. And yes, i'm running a 32-bit system.

you can try to contact ShInKurO using the forum's provided address:  shinkuro at users.sourceforge.net
    Your email will be forwarded in this case to his regular email account without being treated as a blacklisted address.

No, i tried to do this too and it also failed. My emails still originate from my address. GMail seems to be blacklisted and unknown providers (my company where i work) too.