Help - Could not mount server...

Help
2005-02-10
2013-04-08
  • When I attempt to connect to the Novell server using novelclient I get the following error message:

Error: Could not mount server.
    failed: Server BLOGGS belong to tree SMITH and you are not authenticated to it.

I am running RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 WS, I have successfully connected to my Novell shares in the past using novelclient on Suse Linux.  The account details I am using to connect work just fine when I connect via the Novell Client under Windows.

Any help with resolving this problem would be most appreciated.

• lobach
      lobach
      2005-03-04

I hate to say me too, but I am getting this same error. nothing more to add really except that I am on Mepis/debian sid.  . I thought when you chose NDS it authenticates to the tree..

• Erdnuss
        Erdnuss
        2005-03-14

well i got the problem solved after all, with just restarting the server, dont think that will help you all, but it might be worth a try if you didnt do it so far :-)

• Erdnuss
      Erdnuss
      2005-03-08

well it seems to become a common problem, which i also got on my SuSE 9.2 WS, on all windows clients i can login fine....

• Julian C. Dunn
      Julian C. Dunn
      2005-03-14

I have the same problem on Fedora Core 3.

• This is still a problem for me.  Does anyone have a solution yet?

• Steve Cooke
      Steve Cooke
      2005-06-29

I had this problem running the client in Fedora Core 3. When I ran ncplogin from the command line I got a seg fault.

I managed to get everything working by updating my version of ncpfs from 2.4 to 2.6: ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/linux/ncpfs/ncpfs-2.2.6.tar.gz

• greenchuck
      greenchuck
      2006-01-23

I'm also having this error. I think I have updated to the ncpfs version listed above (2.6), but I'm not sure how to tell. I'm running Fedora Core 4.

• If you have installed ncpfs from RPM, you can see the version by typing:

rpm -q ncpfs

I know this doesn't solve the original problem posted in this thread, but it (hopefully) answers this particular question.

- Dave