Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problem with Ubuntu 5.10

Help
Andrew
2006-03-29
2013-04-08
  • Andrew
    Andrew
    2006-03-29

Ok- I followed the How-To step to manually copy all of the needed files to their locations. I copied the Novel binary and the novelclient shell script into mu /usr/local/bin directory, I copied both of the libraries to my /usr/local/lib/kylix2 that I created, and I created the links for the libraries as well. However, when I try to run the Novel binary I keep getting this error:

Novel: error while loading shared libraries: libqtintf-6.5-qt2.3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is happening to me regardless of whether I run it as my own account or root. Any ideas why I would still be getting this error message ?

• When I encountered this problem, it was a problem with the version of a library file being called by one of the library files in /usr/local/lib/kylix2.

Try running these commands:

ldd /usr/local/bin/Novel
      ldd /usr/local/lib/kylix2/libqtintf-6.5.0-qt2.3.so
      ldd /usr/local/lib/kylix2/libqt.so.2.3.0

If any of these have an error somewhere in the list saying that the file doesn't exist, then you have found the problem.  Track down the version you have of that library and symlink it to the version novelclient is looking for.

Also, make sure you have these symlinks in /usr/local/lib/kylix2:

/usr/local/lib/kylix2/libqtintf-6.5-qt2.3.so->/usr/local/lib/kylix2/libqtintf-6.5.0-qt2.3.so
      libqt.so.2 -> /usr/local/lib/kylix2/libqt.so.2.3.0

Hope this helps.

- Dave

• Andrew
      Andrew
      2006-03-31

Ok - I did as you said, but the only error was that the libqtintf-6.5.0-qt2.3.so library was not able to find the libqt.so.2.3.0 library; however, they both reside in the proper directory, and they are both symlinked properly. Any other ideas as to what may be the issue ?