Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Novel Client Errors

Help
sipherix
2005-01-26
2013-04-08
  • sipherix
    sipherix
    2005-01-26

I first went under the Location profiles tab and created a new profile called ROOT under the properties tab I went under the DHCP settings and under the NDS Server: home_123 ( same amount of letters and numbers in that order. Just using for security issues.) Under the TREE box i put in ROOT since thats the one we use now on the windows boxes CONTEXT is  COMPUTERHAUS since thats the name and the DOMAIN is left blank, since we dont have one. i have IP selected under the Network protocal. That all i have filled out in the blanks under the location profiles properties tab. When i try to log on to an exsisting user account with no password the result windows pops up and nothing happens after that. I'm assuming thats the login script thats supposed to run. I'm new to linux so if you have any direct questions regarding this I'll try to answer with the best of my knowledge. Ohh btw I'm running the Novel Client version  0.91-1 if that helps any... any info regarding this is greatly appreciated....

thanks alot
    Dan

• I am running client 0.86 at the present time.  The following settings have worked for me on this system.

On Globa page -
      Add new context

On NDS page
      Tree - this is the same tree as you set up in your networks eDir
      Note that the button may not work

Context - the user context you are logging into, again from eDir

Server - server name

On settings page -
      Currently SLPDA is blank
      Scope is blank
      Domain - has the networks domain name
      NDS servers - IP address of NDS server

I have used other slightly different setups.

I had to try several combinations before it worked

When I log on to network the first thing I see is a Information window that tells me I'm successful or unsuccessful.

The second is a Results window with three astricks, this I just close.

Good luck

Cheers, KEn

• sipherix
      sipherix
      2005-01-27

I'm not seeing  a Globa page or anything of that sort??? maybe its named something else with the different versions.

• sipherix
      sipherix
      2005-01-27

What if my current server doesn't have a domain name? Since its a buisness data storage server. I haven't used the eDir unless if those are the buttons next to the tree, server, and context buttons on the NDS tab.

I put 3 astrics in the Login Script and in the Profile script and i got this error message

cat: bin: Is a directory
      cat: Desktop: Is a directory
      cat: Documents:  Is a directory
      cat: Mail:  Is a directory
      cat: ncp:  Is a directory
      cat: public_html:  Is a directory
      cat: ROOT:  Is a directory

cat: bin: Is a directory
      cat: Desktop: Is a directory
      cat: Documents:  Is a directory
      cat: Mail:  Is a directory
      cat: ncp:  Is a directory
      cat: public_html:  Is a directory
      cat: ROOT:  Is a directory

It repeated twice... but is there a certian folder i can direct it to, to find the login script

• sipherix
      sipherix
      2005-02-02

i got the .0.8 version to work and i read the user agreement but i cant get passed the distribution part. I tried every key on the keyboard and even used the ALT and CRTL SHIFT keys and nothing happened... but using the alt key it shutdown the program