- any single setup NVIDIA videocard of the following generations - nv50, nv8x, nv9x.
Note: Any additional cards (nv3x, nv4x, nvAx) are currently out of the scope of
the project If you are willing to add them please be my guest. If you do not
know the generation of your card take a look here 
- a working binary driver version 190.42 or above, including the -dev package
provided by your distribution
- linux kernel with CONFIG_MMIOTRACE built-in
- the normal build-essentials, such as gcc, make etc.
- xorg-dev packages provided by your distribution
- compressing programs like - xz-utils, tar and gzip
- git-core - used to get the source
- timeout - a small program that kills a program after a specified amount of time
1. Download the relevant files
$ git clone git://nouveau.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/nouveau/nouveau nouveau
2. Compile the program
$ cd nouveau/nouveau-pm
3. Disable all of the fancy window effects that comes with "eye candy" window
managers, like compiz, KWin etc. and make sure that they will not start again
upon the next X session
4. Exit to a virtual terminal and kill X
5. Run the following script as root
$ sudo ./init-trace.sh
6. Startup X
7. Once everything is up and running fire up you favorite terminal emulator
and the following script as root
$ sudo ./run-trace.sh
Retain yourself from running anything else as it may alter the clocks and/or
increase the dump size.
Within two-three minutes you should see the message "Dumping done. Stopping
tracer" but the script will continue running (compressing the data and
collecting other information).
If any ERROR occurs during the above mentioned process please consult yourself with the FAQ
If by any chance you interrupt the run-trace.sh script, note that there may be two new
folders in the current working directory - nouveau-pm.XXXXXXXXXX and nvXX-0xYYYYYYYY-ZZZZ.
Feel free to delete those folders (you will need root access) and repeat the procedure from
step 3 onwards. A system reboot is recommended but not essential.
8. In the end there should be a file created in your current directory called
Where nvXX is the generation of the card (see  for a list), and YYYYYYYY is
the BOOT_0 and ZZZZ is the PCI_ID/DEVICE_ID
9. Please send the file, your vbios , along with some additional information that you believe
to be relevant to mmio dot dumps at gmail dot com.
NOTE: When sending a dump it will be uploaded to XXX so that other people and devs can take a look
and assist. Your EMAIL WILL BE PUBLICLY MADE available. If you wish it may excluded just state in your email.