I decided the new version of Scintilla is worth the update for it's various optimizations and bug fixes. For changes from version 1.73 to 1.75 refer to
There are a number of changes that were submitted to CVS that aren't described, but are included here.
I've attached a patch that includes a good number of updates, bug fixes, and features including the following:
Changes to Scintilla:
* Updated to the latest Scintilla in the repository as of Jan 24, 2008, a few edits after 1.75
* Merged all previous changes to Scintilla 1.73 into the new version.
* Updated LexUser and LexObjC to reflect changes in syntax for Scintilla.
* Fixed LexCPP to fold the last line properly.
* Fixed a bug that was introduced where the background for a brace was always shown. Changed behavior so that if the brace background is the same as the document/operator background it will only show the foreground and the background will be that of the cursor line (like it is now).
* This still allows a background to be set for braces when the cursor is touching them.
* Mouse button down will switch edit views to the one you clicked but won't change the cursor position like left click does.
Changes to PowerEditor:
* If you have "Remember the current session for next launch" and all documents are closed but the last document was using the second scintilla window. Next time you open Notepad++ it will show the right scintilla window.
* If you have a new document and save as a known extension, it sets the language status to match the language that was selected.
* Copy now copies the line if not selecting anything.
* If pasting this line, it pastes the line one line above where the cursor is, even if it's in the middle of a line (this only happens if you copied a blank selection)
* isDirty for "New" documents changed to be dirty when text is in the document instead of basing off the save point (which happens to be document creation)
* If a document is deleted outside the editor and you tell it to keep in editor, it doesn't become "clean" (since the document doesn't exist anymore, so save point isn't valid)
* Folding works properly in most cases, including the following:
* * When deleted a keyword of a fold.
* * When backspacing into the end of a folded piece.
* * Selecting a new language will unfold all (since folding may differ between languages or not exist)
* When you have a split view, the inactive edit view will show a slightly lighter color orange bar over the active tab.
* Browser back and forward buttons on either mouse or keyboard will go to the next or previous tab.
* The mouse scroll will scroll the Scintilla window that your mouse is hovering over instead of the one with focus.
* Added horizontal scroll for mouse scroll wheels that tilt side to side.
* Fixed dependencies when compiling in Debug mode in Visual Studios.
* Added an option for smart indent guides which use Scintilla's lookahead feature for the guides.
* Opening a file now chooses the first enabled language with that extension and if it doesn't find one it chooses the first disabled one.
* Notepad++ registers the default keyboard shortcuts with Scintilla properly for commands/accelerators.
* NPPM_MAKECURRENTBUFFERDIRTY message now changes the display properly.