NP++ still works with a slightly modified version of Scintilla 2.2.7. The current Scintilla version is 3.3.0 and can be found in a Mercurial repository at http://hg.code.sf.net/p/scintilla/code reachable via the Scintilla project page https://sourceforge.net/projects/scintilla/ .
I have upgraded/merged the NP++-Scintilla version with Scintilla version 3.3.0 performing the following procedure:
• Installing a Mercurial client (e.g. TortoiseHg)
• Cloned the Scintilla repository to a local working copy at the basic NP++-Scintilla version 2.2.7
• Copied (overwriting) the current NP++-Scintilla files (as of SVN revision 1018) into that working copy.
• Used TortioseHg to merge those files with Scintilla version 3.3.0 and solved some conflicts manually to preserve the NP++-Scintilla modifications.
• Marking the major NP++-Scintilla modifications with “//-- NppExtension: “
• Used those merged files to build the SciLexer.dll for NP++.
• Compiled NP++ and run it.
With the above described approach (using a Mercurial client to update/merge the NP++ modified working copy from the Scintilla Mercurial repository), the NP++-Scintilla version can easily be kept in line with the official Scintilla version, especially if this is performed more frequently so that the changes are only minor.
Lexers added by NP++ are:
- LexObjC, LexSearchResult, LexUser
New Scintilla 3.3.0 Lexers are:
- LexAVS, LexCoffeeScript, LexECL, LexLaTeX, LexOScript, LexPO, LexTCMD, LexVisualProlog
The new Scintilla 3.3.0 Lexers are not implemented in NP++ yet!
The following subdirectories are not needed (not used) for building NP++ SciLexer.dll and therefore should be deleted from NP++ SVN repository:
- cocoa, gtk, macosx, qt
(see patch NppPatch_6.3_NppScintilla227DeleteUnnecessaryDirs.patch)
The provided patch (NppPatch_6.3_NppScintilla227UpgradeTo330.patch) only updates the Scintilla directories needed for NP++ SciLexer.dll to Scintilla 3.3.0. Directories cocoa, gtk and macosx are not updated but should be deleted.
However, such a major change should be tested by several Notepad++ contributors before it is released.