Notepad++ is a generic source code editor and Notepad replacement written in C++ with the win32 API. The aim of Notepad++ is to offer a slim and efficient binary with a totally customizable GUI, running under the MS Windows environment.
Here you can download v4.8.5 OR :
In this version some crash bugs are fixed, and 2 included plugins are enhanced : Doc monitor and MIME Tools.
Doc monitor plugin allows user to keep opened documents update silently, by scrolling at the end of document automatically. It's done for visualizing the log file.
In MIME Tools plugin, the old base64 encoding/decoding functions are kept, the new quoted-printable encoding/decoding functions are added.
Notepad++ v4.8.5 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.8.2) :
1. Fix crash bug while a "New 2" is in session.xml.
2. Fix the Drag N Drop text bug between 2 views.
3. Fix the annoying acrobat reader dialog problem.
4. Fix the bug that the first new document encoding is not set as the setting in "New Document settings".
5. Fix crash bug while running the command "Close All But Me" in some context.
6. Add scroll to end line feature after document reloading from disk.
7. Enhance checking modification from outside feature.
Included plugins :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
4. MIME Tools v1.4
5. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
6. NppExport v0.2.7.3
7. Compare plugin v1.5.1
8. Light Explorer v1.4
9. Doc Monitor v2.0
The auto-update will be triggered in one week, if this version is stable (for vista users, you have trigger it manually).