Notepad++ is a free generic source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment.
In this release, the serious dockable dialog drag n' drop problem under vista is fixed. There're some problems of performance during dragging the dialog for some machines, at least the system's error doesn't appear anymore.
One of the most requested features is the column mode edition, now it's available in v4.2. You can insert texts or a number (decimal/hexadecimal/octal/binary) with or without column selection.
Here're v4.2 fixed bugs and added features (from v4.1.2) :
1. Fix the dockable dialog drag and drop problem under vista.
2. Add Column mode edition feature (Menu "Edit->Column Editor...").
3. Fixed "To UPPER/lower case" bug in column mode.
4. Fix the display bug in User language define dialog.
5. Add new feature which backups files in a user specific directory.
6. Fix TeX syntax highlighting corruption problem while switching off then switching back to current document.
7. Fix User Define Language extension recognition problem for sensitive case (now it's insensitive).
8. Add a menu entry to access to notepad++ plugins project page.
9. Enhance file open dialog (add all supported extensions in the filters list).
10. Fix bug of Run macro until EOF.
Plugins included in v4.2 :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. Function list v1.2
3. ConvertExt v1.1
4. NppExec v0.2 beta 4
5. Spell checker v1.1
6. Quick text v0.02
7. Explorer v1.4
8. Hex editor v0.84
For further information about this project, see:
and the project page: