Notepad++ is a free generic source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment.
v3.8 new features and fixed bugs (from v3.7) :
1. Restore the F3 old behaviour of v3.6 (search non-volatile). Change search volatile behaviour in Ctrl-F3.
2. Add run macro multiple times feature.
3. Enhance macro undo/redo feature.
4. Memorize the position of each file while saving the session.
5. Add feature which creates a new file if file to open does not exist (from command line).
6. Bug fixed : crash while NPP minimized & open file from explorer context menu.
7. Bug fixed : User Defined Dialog's crash problem
8. Change system tray icon behaviour : One Click to show notepad++ windows.
9. Add Block comment/uncomment and Stream comment feature for User define language.
10. Fix Macro recording bug : paste command is recorded 2 times.
For more information: