Notepad++ is a generic source editor (it tries to be anyway) and Notepad replacement written in C++ with the win32 API. The aim of Notepad++ is to offer a slim and efficient binary with a totally customizable GUI.
The main point of v3.7 is fix the Unicode bugs. There're interesting adding features either, especially HexEditor plugin.
v3.7 new features and fixed bugs :
1. Fix UCS2 LE bug.
2. Fix search/replace in UTF-8 file problem.
3. Fix the bug to paste the EOL which is not conforme to destination document.
4. Add the auto-expansion capacity (reacting on the cursor position) for search feature (Ctrl+F / Ctrl+Alt+I).
5. Add the window (document) list feature.
6. Add updating file silently feature (to enable it via Preference Dialog).
7. Add CURRENT_WORD and NPP_DIRECTORY in environment variables.
8. Fix the bug for New document setting.
For the further information: