Notepad++ is a source editor with a nice GUI. The version 1.4 enhances the support under the multi-language environment (ie. the different language windows system). That is, for the moment, the support under the Chines/Korean/Japanses Windows system. I intend to support the other language environment such as Hebreu and Arabic, but I need someone who has such environment to do the test. Please contact me if you can and want to do the test.
Here are the new features of v1.4 (from v1.3) :
1. Codepage auto-detection is done. Notepad++ works automatically now under Traditional/Simplified Chinese Windows. as well under Korean and Japanese Windows (One fixed bug : the native characters will be displayed correctly under c/c++/java lexer).
2. Bookmark feature is added. User can just click on the bookmark margin (located right side of line number margin) or type Ctrl+F2 to toggle a book mark. To reach the bookmark, type just F2 (Next bookmark) or Shift+F2 (Previous bookmark). To clear all bookmarks, clik the Menu "Search->Clear All bookmarks".
3. An icon of "wrap the text" is added into the tool bar.
4. Syntax highlighting of *.ini is added.
5. Multi-user configuration system is done. From now on the personal GUI configuration and history are saved in the user directory. Also it's no more need to modify the user configuration file manually, Notepad++ memorizes automatically the current GUI configueration for the next session.
6. An "pseudo" bug of find string is corrected This "pseudo bug" is that if the user try to find a whatever string just after opening a file (without placing the caret), he will find nothing because the caret is at the end of file. The remedy is Notepad++ puts the caret at the begining of the opened document.
to have more detail.