v2.6 is released.
One of the major improvement/modification in this version is User
Language Define System.
The restriction of comment (line) keywords does't exist anymore in v2.6.
The ignore case option response the needs of certains programming
In addition, the prefix mode is added for the 4 groups of keyword list :
it allows to recognize all the words beginning with the defined keywords.
Another main added feature is the File Associations Manager, which
allows user to associate/disassociate the file extension with Notepad++.
Note that you should have the right of Administrator to perform this
The fold/unfold functionality is enhanced : not only the "fold all"
behaviour is fixed, but also new folding/unfolding features are added.
Here're the detail information (fixed bug and added features) of v2.6
(from v2.5) :
1. Add the *File Associations Manager*.
2. A bug of User Define Language panel is fixed : After creating a
new language and restarting Notepad++, all font foreground colors
change to white.
3. Increse the capacity of User Define Language keyword list : from
1024 bytes to 4096 bytes.
4. Behaviour issue : fixed the problem that the folded document is
unfolded while switching back.
5. A fixed bug : the position of document is entirely memoried while
swiching among the document.
6. New feature for User Language Define System : the comment and
comment line symbols can be recognized even the followed character
is not a white space (optional to user).
7. The behaviour of functionality "Fold all" fixed : From now on, not
only the folders, bot also all the sub-folders are collapsed when
this command is executed.
8. Add features : user can collapse/uncollapse the current level (the
caret current position).
9. Add features : user can collapse/uncollapse whichever folder level
(1-8) he/she wants in the whole document.
10. Add Underline check box in User Define Language Panel.
11. Add Prefix feature (optional) for each keyword in User Define
12. Add a feature that treating the comment tokens as symbols (allow
no white space) is optional in User Define Language.
13. Add a feature that the case sensitive is an option in User Define
14. Add full screen toggle feature (*F11*).
15. A fixed bug : Infinite search when counting (or marking) words
16. A fixed bug : Replce all.
17. Add the UI limit of language name for User Define Language Panel.