Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Icon

2009-06-13
2012-11-14
  • Arturo Munive
    Arturo Munive
    2009-06-13

Hey, it's not a boycott really is only a wishlist , of one item :)

Please change de icon for program, there are tons of icons free beautiful and shinig for notepad++

Arturo

• Orme
    Orme
    2009-09-27

I concur. That green chameleon icon is absolutely horrible :(
    A choice of icon ( written page and whatever you like ) would be nice.

Well, let's edit notepad++ with a ressource editor to get rid of that green thing :(

• Richard Davies
    Richard Davies
    2009-09-30

I completely agree. The new green icon just looks bad and doesn't represent the program. I'd like to see something similar to the (http://pixelresort.com/Goodies/) icon.

• Marco Voort
    Marco Voort
    2009-10-03

To be honest, I just hate the new icon. The icon should say something about the program, I think the previous icon was just perfect.

• Connor Macleod
    Connor Macleod
    2009-10-06

I thought I would get used to the new icon.  I haven't.  It's childish looking and demeans such an excellent piece of software.  I use it as the default editor for many file types and now the associated files have this **terrible** icon.  The icon needs to be much more professional than this to be taken seriously in a professional environment.  Please pick something better or perhaps have a contest to see who comes up with the best icon set.

• AlcedoSoftware
    AlcedoSoftware
    2009-10-06

It used to have a lovely notepad icon but its now a green thing, PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK

• Connor Macleod
    Connor Macleod
    2009-10-07

I had actually made a new executable at work using the same icon set.  I've downloaded yours at home and it's perfect.  I've had to delete my icon cache and restart explorer.exe to get my file associations looking right.  Now I'll just cross my fingers on future releases.  Hopefully the developers actually read these forums and will take it to heart.

• amanuense
    amanuense
    2009-10-07

vascanera,

I tried the modified version of the notepad++ (the modified icon) but It has a funny behaviour.

when I enter to the preferences window, well… the content of the window appears on the upper left side of the screen but the actual preferences window is in the center of the screen. if you want I can send you a screenshot.

• amanuense
    amanuense
    2009-10-07

Delay? your response was pretty quick, well once you get used to get a response one week after you ask, a response in the same day is considered fast.

Thank you

• Auch aus München die Bitte nach den alten Icons
    From Munich the request for the old icons
    please please please

• Adrian Voica
    Adrian Voica
    2009-10-09

I don't really understand. What old icons? The ones from the "bad" package that had the "funny" behavior? Or the original Notepad++ 5.4 (and below)? Please be more specific, and I will do it instantly.

• Adrian Voica
    Adrian Voica
    2009-10-09

Ok. Especially for minioma81671 and all the others interested in this,  is the new repack of Notepad++ version 5.5, with the (old) icons from my first post (the nice-coloured pencil and task paper from Deleket), not the ones with the green notebook!  Fixed and tested for "bad behaviors". :) Good luck!

: http://minighost.doesntexist.com/notepad_plus_plus_v5.5_with_new_deleket_icons_fixed.zip

• Hakan Gündüz
    Hakan Gündüz
    2009-10-23

i think so too. Please use an icon, for me it can be the same, that has alpha transpancy. The border is very ugly in win7 taskbar

• Brandon Siegel
    Brandon Siegel
    2009-10-23

Am I the only one that LOVED the new icon? Really gave it some character and was a lot easier to pick out of a group.

• Richard Davies
    Richard Davies
    2009-10-23

@bsiegel
    I bet Comic Sans is also your favorite font… :-p

• Richard Davies
    Richard Davies
    2009-10-23

@vascanera
    The link appears to have died again… can you please repost?

• Connor Macleod
    Connor Macleod
    2009-10-24

The lizard icon is great if you're using Notepad++ on a third grader's PC, but I use Notepad++ on servers and the cartoony lizard icon just looks embarrassing in a professional environment (I know they went back to the older icon in 5.5.1, but 5.5.1 is broken so I have to continue to use 5.5 until they fix it).  I haven't decided which one of the two icons mentioned above I like best, so I made 2 new 5.5 executables.  I made one with the Vista Style Icon for Notepad++ by =tempest, and one with the Sleek XP Software Notepad++ Icon by Deleket.  Get them  and try them out.  You may have to delete your icon cache for file associations to show correctly.

: http://rapidshare.com/files/297115828/Notepad__5.5_Replacement_executables.zip

• The old icon was really poorly drawn and too generic. The new one gives it a bit of character!

(And no, Comic Sans is not my favourite font. I was one of the first to complain about NP++'s horrible font choices.)

• Anonymous
    2010-02-08

Damn, the latest version seems to have changed back to that god-awful white blob that is apparently paper+pencil. How do I go back to the cool green icon?

• Andrew Dixon
    Andrew Dixon
    2011-02-16

I like the chameleon icon because it stands out from so many 'Me Too' icons.
    Who says corporate = boring?
    I have just installed the latest version twice to try and get the chameleon back. (will have to hack it back in)
    Any chance we could change the icon from within NP++? (like IrfanView)

• Caralhao
    Caralhao
    2012-03-08

would be great if Notepad had option to change the icon of the associated files..
    the tray icon and toolbar could have option too..
    send in the drawing team.