Menu

I am not Charlie

Nat
2015-01-12
2015-03-11
  • Nat

Nat - 2015-01-12

Although I strongly support freedom of speech, I believe that people have to take responsibility for what they do or say. Charlie Hebdo has a long history of offending people, nations, and religions, and that is something I do not support. I am not making excuses for the killings - that is inexcusable - but I refuse to be Charlie. Using freedom of speech to humiliate, mock or offend someone or something is for me unacceptable. Therefore, I will downgrade my Notepad++ version to the previous one.

Once again, I am not Charlie! And will never be...

• Alan Parker

Alan Parker - 2015-01-19

So you didn't actually bother reading what was written, then?

(Rhetorical question - you didn't).

• Denton

Denton - 2015-02-08

I didn't either. Seing «Je suis Charlie» compelled me to uninstall Notepad++ all of a sudden.

• Alan Parker

Alan Parker - 2015-01-19

No idea why this posted twice. Is there a way to delete my own posts?

Last edit: Alan Parker 2015-01-19
  • Krzysztof

Krzysztof - 2015-02-26

This morning I have upgraded Npp to version 6.7.4 and I am surprised. And embarrassed.
    I respect opinion of the authors, it is their software, and I support freedom of speech.
    I read carefully the preamble which appears in the window. Then I also downgraded Npp to earlier version and I am going to keep this until the next version appear.

I want to stress: I am really grateful for Npp - this improves my work every day.
    Regards.

• Ilya S. Zharskiy

Seeing «Je suis Charlie» compelled me to uninstall Notepad++ all of a sudden too

it has absolutely NOTHING with freedom of speech - it is jewish mass media's manipulation

Last edit: Ilya S. Zharskiy 2015-03-31