Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Notepad++ website download pages

cchris
2009-08-21
2012-11-14
  • cchris
    cchris
    2009-08-21

There has been a recent effort to make the download pages easier to use (either using section folding or a top navigation table), consistent and complete (a couple was missing a third of the reference contents).

However, this has involved translating text to languages me and Don don't fully master, and some comments were made already aout the need to improve these translations or additions.

May I ask all of you to review the download pages, take note of all issues you find with their contents, and email them to me (quasar850 at rediffmail.com)? Any such modification will be promptly made so as to improve the internalisation of the site.

Each issue report should pregerrably have the following format:
    * language code and section name
    * text to be replaced
    * replacement text.
    Each email may contain one or more issue report, and may relate to several pages.

Pages in bulgarian, catalan and italian had undergone the most modifications.

Thanks in advance for your contributed improvements.

CChris

• Ch'Ih-Yu
    Ch'Ih-Yu
    2009-10-01

I guess it would be much easier for me to translate the entire German download page from scratch. I'm almost done with most of the texts and maybe I'm so kind to put this all into the new "format".

• Ices Eyes
    Ices Eyes
    2009-10-02

Italian translation for the download page is still missing…. Dooon?! :P

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-10-02

@chi-yu:

If you can do all the HTML formatting and send it to Don directly, you can. It will just mean less work for me and more for you, so I like the idea :p

@Iceseyes:

At least I can guarantee Don has the file and is aware that he has to update the page. Little comfort perhaps, but this is as much as I can bring there.

CChris

• Ch'Ih-Yu
    Ch'Ih-Yu
    2009-10-02

Can I download the original file somewhere so I get all the calls to include() in the correct places?

Else, I'd have to copy the HTML source of the download page and "guess" what is coming out of included files and what is not.

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-10-05

I'll email this to you tonight.

CChris

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-10-10

@chi-yu:

I am so sorry, I completely forgot. However, I cannot email the file to you via SF, as it doesn't provide for attachments. Can you email me from a regular address, so that I can reply with the german download.php attached?

CChris

• Hiro5
    Hiro5
    2009-11-06

I sent you an email yesterday and another today from another account (because I don't know if you received), Send me files when you can, about catalan, and I'll check it.

See ya.

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-11-09

Your email had unexpectedly landed as spam, which is why it took me time to retrieve it. I hope you got my reply, with the /uk, /ca and /es pages.

CChris