Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How do I translate the installer?

2009-11-15
2012-11-14
  • Murat Jumashev
    Murat Jumashev
    2009-11-15

Hi!
    I want to translate installer into Kyrgyz language (Unicode). How do I do this, please give me some hints…
    Thank you!

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-11-20

Most installer pages are standard. If NSIS supports the kyrgyz laguage, which I don't know, then it will be enough to add that to the language lists in nppsetup.nsi..

If you refer to the license agreement or the component descriptions, there is no automatic way to get them translated. Thus I get english description for components, for instance, while most of the installer is written in french. I'll check the NSIS installer docs about this, but there may be no way for these elements.

Don: did you ever try this?

CChris

• Murat Jumashev
    Murat Jumashev
    2009-12-02

I have checked the nsis forums and found out that there is a Unicode fork which is not officially supported by nullsoft but is being kept updated.
    So it would be great if Don emplemployed that version, so that translators of Unicode-using locales could contribute their  translations for the installer…

• cchris
    cchris
    2009-12-04

Then it could be a good idea to email Don with a link to that fork, as well as to evaluation data if available, showing how reliable the fork is an people releasing software like it. This part is optional, but actual positive feedback would certainly help.

CChris

• Murat Jumashev
    Murat Jumashev
    2009-12-04

to CChris
    Ok, I follow your advice.
    To everyone, who is interested in NSIS Unicode mod, there is a discussion:
    http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=277381
    According to that thread, that mod is stable enough, and is being officially used by such monsters as Open Office, Mozilla Firefox etc.