Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo
Anyone interested? It uses http://aspell.net/win32/ to do the actual work. I'm not sure how many people need a spell checker in a text editor, but I decided to work on it, more just for fun than any actual need. It's in the beginning stages and still needs some fixes, but I could post it when it's ready.
Some things I know for sure that need to be done: 1) Right now, the dialog box and the Aspell process run in the same thread, I need to separate them.
2) It sends one line at a time and calls a new Aspell process for each one. Once I get Aspell running in a separate thread, I should be able to send more than one line at a time.
3) Add options box for things such as allowing for language/dictionary selection other than the default, html mode, etc.
4) Allow user to add words to the dictionary
5) The Replace All function seems to be broken
I'll probably never get around to completely finishing it, but the source will be available if anyone else wants to play with it.
Ahh, holiday...don't I wish I had some time off coming up soon...
I don't know why I didn't think of it originally, but aspell has a dll with an API interface. I've updated my code to use it instead of aspell.exe and it works much better. I no longer have problems with long lines and it is much faster. Now that it uses a dll, though, it must be in your path.
The new source is available at the same link:
I haven't really changed anything else yet, I have been working late for the past several days and have no free time.
I'm very interested in it.
Where can I download the source?
As well ,if you need any help or support, just let me know.
Here is the source:
I've fixed item 5, the Replace All function now works, but haven't had time to work on any other fixes. I do not recommend running it on any really long documents, just yet, because Aspell and the dialog box currently run in the same thread.
And aspell.exe currently has to be in your PATH for it to work. I plan to have the dll read a config setting from an ini file or the registry so that it doesn't. If aspell is not setup correctly it does not give an error message, it just thinks there were no misspellings in the text and says "Spell Check Complete."
Also, I just noticed it is having trouble with long lines. When I run it in debug mode with breakpoints, it checks all the way throug to the end of a long line, but without any breakpoints set, it only checks part of the line.
Oh, well, I should have some more time to play with this weekend.
I just played arround aspell plugin - quite good.
I would like to add the detection of aspell full path, so you don't need to add the aspell path in %PATH%. it should be easy to do - I guess it's in the registry since the language package installation can detecte the exisance of Aspell installation.
However, I have not so much time because I'm trying to terminate the v3.2 release before going on holliday (from 5th to 23th). So I think I'll have more time to play it when I come back.
It'll be nice to have a combobox to choose the language to check. In my case I have French and English installed in my aspell.