How to send an EOF in NppExec console?

Anonymous
2011-04-17
2014-02-24

• Anonymous
    2011-04-17

Hello everybody. I know it's a silly question, but, how can I send an EOF to NppExec's console? I've tried the standard way (ctrl + Z), but it just delete my typing, like an undo feature. I've also noticed that ctrl + C works as expexted (i.e., it terminated the running app). I also tried typing ^Z, but still got nothing.

• hldrt
    hldrt
    2013-06-12

While your program is executing press F6 (again), in string "Exit message" type EOF's ASCII code < alt>+<26> and press "Send" button.

Last edit: hldrt 2013-06-12
  • topher
    topher
    2014-02-21

I think I'm missing something here. I'm having the same problem, F6 brings up the prompt, but if I enter the string "<alt>+<26>" and hit "Send", all it does is send that string to the console, it doesn't seem to send an EOF.

• DV
    DV
    2014-02-24

Here is the slow step-by-step instruction:
    0) Be sure that Num Lock is ON (i.e. you can type numbers via the numpad on the right side of the keyboard)
    1) Press and hold the "Grey Alt" - the Alt key near the right side of the Space key
    2) Still holding the Grey Alt, press 2 on the numpad
    3) Still holding the Grey Alt, press 6 on the numpad
    4) Release the Grey Alt
    5) Now you should see an entered symbol that looks similar to an Arrow Right (something like "->"). That's it.

• DV
    DV
    2014-02-24

Also NppExec 0.5.2 already supports Ctrl+Z in its Console.