Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Notepad#

jvdanilo
2011-06-06
2014-03-09
  • jvdanilo
    jvdanilo
    2011-06-06

Hey guys, I created a plugin with a lot of features that I think may be useful for you.

Implemented so far:

- Proper new line inside DocBock/CommentDoc for C, C++, Javascript, PHP
    - Proper new line for # comment in Ruby
    - Indent after opening curly brace for C-like languages and proper indenting for closing curly brace, similar to Visual Studio
    - Delete current line without changing the
    - Undo close tab
    - Switching tabs with ALT + LEFT/RIGHT
    - Wrap selection with Open/Close tag
    - Url encode/decode selection
    - Autoclose embeded script tags for ruby and php (<% | <?)
    - Column ruler annotation

The source code and binary is at https://github.com/jvdanilo/NotepadSharp

• nofun
    nofun
    2011-09-28

Nice plugin!
    I'd like to use it , but some of the features iterfere with other plugins and there is no way to deactivate them.

• jvdanilo
    jvdanilo
    2011-10-16

Which features are interfering with which ones? Which you would like to be optional?

• rrmassey
    rrmassey
    2011-10-20

This is great!  I really like the tab switching, but it doesn't seem to work in the second view if dual views are enabled.  Was that by design?

• jvdanilo
    jvdanilo
    2011-10-20

No, it wasn't. I will try ix that with the next version.

• jvdanilo
    jvdanilo
    2011-10-20

I fixed it, you can download new version on Github page.

• rrmassey
    rrmassey
    2011-10-20

Wow!  That was a fast fix.  It works perfectly.  Thanks!

• nofun
    nofun
    2011-10-21

jvdanilo

Which features are interfering with which ones? Which you would like to be optional?

OK I tuned my own snippet to consider indents done by Notepad# so now I can remember only one annoyance left: "Scroll past end of file". I don't know yet where I'd use it,  but when I fold the code at high levels (most of the time) I end with a visible part of the buffer being blank 'cause all the code is hidden above. I know I can simply do an extra cursor movement to get the cursor into view, but it discomforts me anyway.
    In general, I believe that any feature acting without invocation by user should be optional. Personally, I'd be happy with a simple .ini-file.

Also maybe if there was a command to switch CSS coloring on the fly. If there are many color definitions present they could be somewhat distracting.

Overall I find your plugin very userful, thanks!

• nofun
    nofun
    2011-10-21

Sorry for double posting, I forgot to mention that I failed to see how "Autoclose embeded script tags for ruby and php (<% | <?)" working for PHP. Could you provide a simple example of what and how should I do to see it in action?

• nofun
    nofun
    2011-10-21

Sorry once again, disregard my previous comment: it works alright, seems like I just haven't tried to type a space after opening tag, 'cause it's not my habit (newline or equality sign usually).

• Anonymous
    2011-12-08

Wrap with opening/closing tag rocks!

Will it be hard to add the feature say for example, I double-clicked to select the opening tag it will find the closing tag. Editing the opening tag will simultaneously edit the closing tag? Please :)

• jvdanilo
    jvdanilo
    2011-12-18

I've added "Double click edit tag" to Notepad# version 1.4.1. You can download new version on Github page.

• Anonymous
    2011-12-21

Awesomesauce! Thanks J!

• Anonymous
    2012-01-05

What is with the Plugin name ? The '#' tells me it has to relate with Micro$oft dNET, by no means it does: it's written in C++ just like Np++ and all.

• Anonymous
    2012-01-05

PS. Relate as in relation to C# which is part of dNET.

• jvdanilo
    jvdanilo
    2012-01-06

You know that the "++" sign in C is value increment, so C++ was a incremental improvement to C. The same is with C# which is C++++, the C# is an incremental improvement to C++. So, as the Notepad++ is incremental improvement to Notepad, so is Notepad# to Notepad++.

It is not related to C# or .NET, but could be easily rewritten to C#, but the only language in which I would rewrite it is JavaScript.

As with every plugin you can uninstall it an not use it., if you don't like the name.

• Rich
    Rich
    2012-02-23

Binary seems to be missing, Can't wait to try this out!

• Derek
    Derek
    2013-08-11

Is Paste Indented working? This was perhaps my favorite feature of Notepad#, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I can't say for sure when it stopped working.

Can anyone check if this is working for them?

EDIT: Apparently this is working sometimes. In Ruby code it works except when pasting a the top (non-indented) level. In Python and Java it doesn't work at all.

Last edit: Derek 2013-08-11
  • cchris
    cchris
    2014-03-07

The url for Notepad# returns a 404 eerror. There is a probably unrelated project called NotepadSharp from Lomeli, definitely not the same.

Can anyone indicate whether this project is still alive?
    If not alive, can anyone provide me with the now unavailable zip file, in order for it to be hosted? I have no idea for how long the plugin has been uunavailable. Emai me at: quasar850 hat rediffmail doubt com

CChris

• Dejan Kozina
    Dejan Kozina
    2014-03-08

I've found a 0.9.7 version from 2011 and mailed it to you yesterday. If the mail message has gone lost you can take it directly from http://kozina.com/stuff/NotepadSharp.zip

• cchris
    cchris
    2014-03-09

Thanks a lot. I just downloaded it, as the mail may have got lost indeed.

In the meantime, I have found out that the Plugin Manager website was hosting it (the plugin is rated as unstable, so it is not shown by default). SoI could update the link to the one PM downloads from. Curent version IDs as 1.5.0.

CChris