Is there an xml pretty plugin available?

• I have been searching around for a simple xmltidy/pretty plugin for n++.  Does anyone know of one or if the author of the xml check plugin would be willing to build in pretty/tidy functionality into that plugin?

• There doesn't seem to be much public interest in maintaining a current compiled libTidy.DLL for Windows so I built a Code::Blocks project so I can build it from the latest sources any time. This means that my libTidy.DLL is as new as anyone cares to make it. The only publically available compiled libTidy.DLL that I can find other than mine is dated 2003 so is a bit old but it does work.

• Yeah, with the help of a HTMLTidy its easy. 
      Under the run menu add a new command like this 

C:\utils\tidy.exe -m -i -xml -i "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" -o "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"

Change the path to tidy.exe to wherever its located on your machine.

• I'm adding this to TidyCFG.INI so it appears in the Tidy menu of the TextFX plugin.

Is there a reason that -i is listed twice?

This seems to work

[Tidy: Reindent XML]
      input-xml: yes

• Eman

You probably already figured this out, but I think there was another problem: the -o parameter wasn't needed either. This worked (no config file):

tidy.exe -m -i -xml "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"

The -m specifies that the input file is overwritten, so the:
        -o "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"
        was redundant, too.

Somewhat OT:
        In you said that libTidy.DLL is "a few years old", but in the download it is dated "10/27/2005. Does that mean it was relinked recently using old source?

• Hi, XML Check plugin has been updated and features now a "Pretty print" function. Not sure it corresponds exactly to what you expected, but feel free to propose new improvements ;)

See for new release of the plugin