Function List Plugin does not work in NP++ 6

Tom
2012-09-07
2013-01-20
  • Tom
    Tom
    2012-09-07

Hello,
    first at all thanks for all the work and that great tool, but with version 6.x.x (up to the latest) the function list plugin (any downloadable version) does not work anymore. If I open any kind of *.c file, and start the plugin, it hangs up (shows only half list of functions and one core of the processor goes to 100%. After downgrading the NP++ back to version 5.9.8 all is fine again.

HELP, is this a known bug and already in bugfixing process? Or any hint how to get it running with version 6 ?
    many thanks,
    greetings Tom

• Anonymous
    2012-09-08

**Hi ALL Howza going ?? -  I am using Notepad++ for the First time. And I love it. I used to use UltraEdit a Licensed version. I am trying to figureout how to get the Function List for PERL Files Is what I am interested in. I googled and found some .dll file that I need to put in Config dir and all….I foll0wed that but I can't get this to work. I am seeing an error that says - No Rules Defined. !  But In the config dir I have a .xml file that defines the rules. But I don't why its not working.

FunctionListRules.xml

<FunctionList>
         <Language name="Perl" imagelistpath="C:\Programme\NotePad++\plugins\Config\C++.flb">
            <CommList param1="#" param2="" />
            <CommList param1="&apos;" param2="&apos;" />
            <CommList param1='&quot;' param2='&quot;' />
            <Group name="PACKAGE" subgroup="" icon="2" child="9" autoexp="4" matchcase="1" fendtobbeg="" bbegtobend="" keywords="">
                <Rules regexbeg="\&lt;package\s+" regexfunc="[\w_:]+" regexend="\&gt;;" bodybegin="" bodyend="" sep="" />
            </Group>
            <Group name="USE" subgroup="" icon="4" child="4" autoexp="0" matchcase="0" fendtobbeg="" bbegtobend="" keywords="">
                <Rules regexbeg="use\s+constant\s+" regexfunc="[\w_:]+" regexend="[^\w_:]+" bodybegin="" bodyend="$" sep="" />
                <Rules regexbeg="use\s+" regexfunc="[\w_:]+" regexend="[^\w_:]+" bodybegin="" bodyend="$" sep="" />
                <Rules regexbeg="\&lt;use\s+" regexfunc="[\w_:\s\(\)]+" regexend="" bodybegin="" bodyend=";" sep="" />
            </Group>
            <Group name="VAL" subgroup="" icon="15" child="15" autoexp="0" matchcase="0" fendtobbeg="" bbegtobend="" keywords="">
                <Rules regexbeg="my\s*\(\s*" regexfunc="[$@\%\w,\s]*" regexend=".*[;=\)]" bodybegin="" bodyend="$" sep="\s*[,]+\s*" />
                <Rules regexbeg="my\s*" regexfunc="[$@\%]\w*" regexend=".*[\(;=]" bodybegin="" bodyend="$" sep="" />
                <Rules regexbeg="our\s*\(\s*" regexfunc="[$@\%\w,\s]*" regexend=".*[;=\)]" bodybegin="" bodyend="$" sep="\s*[,]+\s*" />
                <Rules regexbeg="our\s*" regexfunc="[$@\%]\w*" regexend=".*[\(;=]" bodybegin="" bodyend="$" sep="" />
            </Group>
            <Group name="SUB" subgroup="VAL" icon="9" child="9" autoexp="4" matchcase="1" fendtobbeg="" bbegtobend="\{" keywords="">
                <Rules regexbeg="\&lt;sub\s+" regexfunc='[\w_]+\s*[\(\$\%\@\)]*[\w_\s\(\),&apos;&quot;\.\:]*' regexend="" bodybegin="\{" bodyend="\}" sep="" />
            </Group>
        </Language>
    </FunctionList>

Any help is really appreciated

• pedro_sland
    pedro_sland
    2012-09-08

Since you say you are a new user Shan, I don't see why you would prefer function list to source cookifier. I suggest you try out SourceCookifier as it works well for me in n++ version 6.1.6. Plugin manager did give me a warning about checksums.

crxtom, unless there is a particular reason you want function list, I suggest source cookifier too.

• Dave_Scream
    Dave_Scream
    2013-01-20

thanks for SourceCookifier suggestion. It fully replacement of FunctionList. What disadvantages it have? I found no disadvantages and it more stable.