ChangeMarkers plugin not working w Npp 5.9.3

José E
2011-09-20
2013-06-21
  • José E
    José E
    2011-09-20

Hi:

The ChangeMarkers plugin (http://goo.gl/5s2Em) does not work with Notepad++ 5.9.3. It seems to be some issue with the xpm files since instead of displaying the marker as a small yellow rectangle (like it did in the 5.9.2 version) it displays a white circle.

This plugin has had always some issues (like the ticks on the plugin menu) but it has worked fine until the 5.9.3 version.

Does anyone know any way to make the plugin work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Josee

• hi, same problem here… any luck to solve it?

Cheers

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-10-11

Are you sure your Fold margin style setting is the same in 5.9.2 and 59.3? That's the only item I know which can change from circle to rectangle and back.
    Also, my guess is that you may not have the PluginMargin and SciMarkerSymbol companion plugins installed . Their absence would explain why the fold margin style interferes with Change Markers.

CChris

• José E
    José E
    2011-10-11

Hi, Christian:

I always use the last version of Notepad++ portable (from portableapps.com) and when I install a new version just just need to uncompress the .zip file of the plugin (folders icons and config and .dll files NppPlugin_ChangeMarker.dll, NppPlugin_PluginMargin.dll and NppPlugin_SciMarkerSymbol.dll) to the plugins sub-folder and it has alway worked fine until the 5.9.3 version.

The Fold margin style is always in "box tree" and the plugins you mention are two of the three dlls of the package I extract.

Thanks for you interest.

Best regards.

Josee

• Johny
    Johny
    2011-10-13

I'm suffering the same problem.

From version 5.9.3 of Notepad++ plugin ChangeMarker doesn't work (well actually it shows blue circles instead of colour markers with Notepad++ version 5.9.4), but it worked perfectly up to version 5.9.2.

Once you test ChangeMarker you will not be abble to live without it.

How can we solve this problem? Any advise? Please!

Thank you.

Kind regards.

• Still no solution? Notepad ++ 5.9.5 still the same problem with change markers…

Any ideas?

Cheers

• cchris
    cchris
    2011-10-25

A good candidate for a root cause is the update to Scintilla v2.27 on rSVN ev 790.
    If someone has time to compile N++ rev 790 with the SciLexer.dll of v5.9.2, rev 791 with current SciLexer.sll, and compare the results, that wuould help.
    I have a strong hint though: running N++ v5.9.3 with the SciLexer.dll of v5.9.2 restores normal behaviour of Change Markers.

This would suggest a recompile of the 3 companion plugins against Scintilla v2.27 sources would produce a dll which would work again.

Bote for Dave: though the 3 plugins are reported by Plugin Manager, downloading any of them fails. The URL on the Plugin Central page is still valid.

CChris

• José E
    José E
    2011-10-26

Hi, CChris:

You got it right!

Using N++ 5.9.5 with the SciLexer of 5.9.2 gets Change Markers working fine.

Alas, I'm only a leech user, so I will use this workaround until a more seasoned developer fix it for good.

Thanks for your help, CChis.

Best regards.

Josee.

• Hi CChris, thanks a lot for the tip… the workaround worked perfectly with me.

Thank you a lot… you rule!!!

Thankx

• MihAoo3k
    MihAoo3k
    2011-12-02

HI,

You can try Location Navigate- this plugin have option to mark changed lines. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/locationnav/files/

• José E
    José E
    2012-01-10

Thank you mihaoo3k but this plugin has the same problem with newer versions of NP++: it does not display the line number highlight. The line highlight works fine.

Best regards.

Josee.

• stgeorge
    stgeorge
    2013-06-20

Hello.
    Could somebody attach the screenshot preview of this plugin?
    That vertical indicating line?
    Thank you.

• cchris
    cchris
    2013-06-21

I just installed it on Win 8/64 N++ 6.3.3, and the "Line highlight" option doesn't sem to work. Changing the added items in Styler Configurator didn't help.
    The less sexy Line number and Plugin Markers display still work.

CChris